Author Topic: misc book thread  (Read 11776 times)

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +1462
    • Neon Burrito
Re: misc book thread
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2017, 12:50:01 AM »

KJ

• The Return Threshold
  • Respect: +315
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2017, 07:13:04 AM »
he's good? (i mean oblivious, but what do you think?)

polkablues

• Child of Myth
  • Admin
  • Respect: +1863
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2017, 11:39:00 AM »
All I've read of his work is "Never Let Me Go," but based on that alone I'm comfortable classifying him as one of the greats. Simple prose, a poetic ear, and humanity in spades.
Now you're in the *spoiler* place.

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +1462
    • Neon Burrito
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2017, 12:36:00 AM »
+1
in my dreams i'm the one who wrote this

polkablues

• Child of Myth
  • Admin
  • Respect: +1863
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2017, 01:46:50 AM »
+2
I find the exclamation point very confrontational.
Now you're in the *spoiler* place.

lorenscope

• The Call to Adventure
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2018, 12:44:23 AM »
I'm a fan of Kazuo Ishiguro's work and Kenzaburo Oe and right now I'm planning to purchase 4 paperbacks of Haruki Murakami novels (Kafka On The Shore, Norwegian Wood, Sputnik Sweetheart, and South Of The Border West Of The Sun) after I'm done with replacing my old tires with nitto and front wheel alignment.

wilder

• Respect: +1765
« Reply #81 on: Yesterday at 12:15:08 AM »
jenkins [16|Jan 07:55 PM]:   I blew her a kiss and it shattered the window and exploded her head and went through the wall behind her, through the entire building and everything else in its path into the sky, moving so fast it didn't ever disrupt clouds, up and up, halving an airplane as it continued into space, crushing meteoroids such that they smothered and killed stars, piercing and assassinating the sun, eventually reaching the end of everything and opening a hole in the lining, deflating it and carrying it off like a popped balloon.
jenkins [16|Jan 07:58 PM]:   that's the final line to The Garbage Times, which is 1/2 novellas that comes in one volume bounded in tete-bech (there is no back cover: there are two front covers and the text is flipped)
jenkins [16|Jan 07:59 PM]:   you guys sometimes the kids are so good seriously. that's Sam Pink. and really he writes in this like normal-people prose, like a refreshed version of Bukowski perhaps, like that, he hang out with the homeless, all the time, he's a security guard in a bar in this book, and that's his fucking final line. it's like omg

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy