Klown

Started by pete, October 27, 2012, 09:47:52 PM

pete

redband trailer

The Klown
synopsis I ripped from the internet:
QuoteKLOWN follows two wildly inappropriate friends--played by celebrated international comedians Frank Hvam and Casper Christensen--as they run amok through the Danish countryside, plowing through endless awkward confrontations and unspeakable debaucheries. Hopelessly wrongheaded Frank "kidnaps" the 12-year-old nephew of his pregnant girlfriend in an eager attempt to prove his fatherhood potential, and they join the sex-crazed Casper on his secret adulterous weekend canoe trip. Rampaging through exclusive brothels, hospitalizations, armed robberies and even prison, the three paddle downstream from one chaotic misadventure to the next, all culminating in a surprisingly sentimental portrait of friendship and a final shocking reveal that you'll never be able to unsee.
I actually can't find a good trailer for this movie, but it's very funny - a cross between Hangover and Curb Your Enthusiasm, and is raunchy as fuck. The scene in the trailer doesn't do it justice, and the other versions of the trailer were all badly edited and gave away too much to boot. It's on netflix watch instantly, just watch.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pedro

I second the recommendation.  I watched it the other day and really enjoyed it.  Haven't laughed during a movie so much in a very long time.  It's definitely owes a LOT to Curb, but it works.  There are some genuinely sweet moments, too.   

RegularKarate

I saw this last year... very funny! I get the feeling that because the humor is so based in envelope-pushing shock, its comedic value will deteriorate pretty quickly so jump on it while it's still funny.