MacGuffin

Worst Film: TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN

THE NOMINEES

The Brothers Bloom
Inglourious Basterds
The Lovely Bones
Nine
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

hahaha i hope i win that award someday and put it on my living room

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Stefen

I hate it. Everyone knew it was going to be bad.

Should have been the Lovely Bones. That was supposed to be good. It wasn't. It wasn't good at all.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

I really want to go back in time and campaign the hell out of Precious.  It tried so hard to earn this award.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Stefen

Quote from: polkablues on March 06, 2010, 02:11:33 PM
I really want to go back in time and campaign the hell out of Precious.  It tried so hard to earn this award.

Werd. Precious is the worst because there are alot who think it's the best.

It's the worst.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Alexandro

wrong about precious. i haven't seen it but please, transformers is a like a conglomerate of everything that is horrible in the world today. no other film will speak in the future of the emptiness, stupidity and denial of the self indulgent-greedy-delusional-money obsessive-superficial culture of the world in the beginning of the millennium. the fact everyone knew it was gonna be bad from the beginning, including the filmmakers themselves, and the fact that it went on to make a ton of money as predicted and had it's ass kissed by the press on the front-page even if it was recognized as big turd in the reviews inside the paper only contribute to make the whole thing more sickening. this whole mess paints a horrid portrait that sheds light on the why's and how's the world is having a major crisis all over, a crisis of economy, of environment, of education, and of the human soul.

Gold Trumpet

I don't care about Transformers and I don't care about its effect on popular culture. The fact it exists is just a continuation of a trend we've been long complaining about and will continue to complain about for a long time. I also don't care it got good press because large portions of criticism and press are now angled toward blowing big Hollywood films, but it's been that way for a while. Transformers 2 shows us nothing new. I didn't see it and feel no reason to be affected by its general popularity because it is what it is. Either you keep your ear geared into that shit or you don't. Yes, Transformers is another rung on the ladder of things that make better films harder to make today, but why distinguish this film? When someone shows me a market research study to say how Transformers did more to offset the independent film market, I'll listen, but the truth is with what Avatar is doing for 3D and extreme budgeted films, I'll bet that movie has worse effects on smaller budgeted films.  

Alexandro

I get your point, but I'm not talking about popular culture or the effect of transformers in smaller films. I'm talking about culture in general. My point is I'm not going to give a "worst" tag to movies that failed in whatever objectives they had, when I have a complete turd like transformers in front of me. im sorry but just because we're used to this crap means that is less fucked up.

Pas

Quote from: Stefen on March 06, 2010, 02:03:21 PM
I hate it. Everyone knew it was going to be bad.

Exactly, it didn't make me waste a penny or a minute of my time, I never had any intention on seeing it, reading about, talking about it or anything else.

ALL the other nominees made me waste money and/or time, anyone of them winning would've been satisfying. But this, ugh.

Gold Trumpet

I'd consider Transformers 2 really bad for the culture if it was overly preachy about war and the video game thrill it can have for you when engaging in it, but I consider video games like Call of Duty wasteland shit for those things already. Hate to say it, but dumb stories and dumb characters isn't anything to cry home about anymore. They are everywhere so they are a dime a dozen now.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Why not a Bronze Michael Bay?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye