The Dark Knight Rises

Started by MacGuffin, August 07, 2008, 12:16:56 AM

RegularKarate

Talia Al Ghul would be cool and make sense.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: RegularKarate on November 11, 2010, 04:23:42 PM
Talia Al Ghul would be cool and make sense.

It would be if she was introduced in Batman Begins. Could have been in a small and trivial way, but they made the Al Ghul character a revolving door for a title someone holds in the organization. It would be a big door swing to revisit that storyline and have to explain the why's of how a daughter scenario is rational.

But if she is just a member of the organization and is seeking revenge, that would be great.

Stefen

This title isn't growing on me. Seems so lazy. I would have liked something like The Caped Crusader Returns. Something to cap off a classic trilogy.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

RegularKarate

I don't love the title, but I also don't give a shit.  Batman Begins is a bad title too.  The Dark Knight was only "alright" for a title, but it doesn't matter.

The only problem I have with the title is that it doesn't feel final.  It feels like a chapter that people wouldn't care about.

Stefen

The Dark Knight fit the film because Batman went dark. The people were against him and he didn't really seem to give a crap anymore. He went DARK. I liked the idea of The Caped Crusader because it would mean Batman the peoples champ is back and he's probably kicking bad-guy ass and taking names.

But Nolan hasn't done wrong yet so I'll trust him. There's a reason why he's titling and making movies and I'm complaining about them on the internet.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

The Dark Knight Rises Won't be Shot Entirely in IMAX
Wally Pfister talks about the anticipated film
by SuperHeroHype

Earlier this week, a rumor made the rounds that Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises will be shot entirely in IMAX. That's not the case, director of photography Wally Pfister told TheWrap at an Inception screening last night.

Pfister said he and Nolan hope to shoot much of the new Batman film, "The Dark Knight Rises," for IMAX -- as they did for sporadic parts in "The Dark Knight." But they won't shoot the entire film for IMAX, he said, citing cost and the inability to capture sound as just two of the impediments.

In addition to stressing again that he and Nolan are not big fans of 3D, he brushed off speculation that the film would shoot in New Orleans, though we're pretty sure scenes will be shot in the city and other locations starting in April. He added that he doesn't expect to see the script until early next year.

The Dark Knight Rises is scheduled to hit theaters on July 20, 2012.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

The dialogue scenes would be wasted in IMAX.  But I'm glad they're shooting some action sequences again in the format.  For impressive visuals, IMAX > 3D.

MacGuffin

The Dark Knight Rises will be Christian Bale's last Batman film
Source: SyFy

After shooting the third Caped Crusader flick for Christopher Nolan next year, Christian Bale will hang up the cape and cowl for good.

While out doing press for The Fighter—which also gave us the "Mark Walhberg hates The Happening" nugget from yesterday—Bale let slip that The Dark Knight Rises will be his final go-round as the protector of Gotham City: "I believe, unless Chris (Nolan) says different, this will be the last time I'm playing Batman."

Which also leads us to believe that The Dark Knight Rises will be Nolan's final film in the Batman franchise as well, as we can't imagine the director continuing without his frequent collaborator. Not that Bale knows much of anything Bat-related:

"Chris will let me know what I need to know when I need to know it. I probably know a little bit more than some other people out there, but I think most people would be surprised at how little I do know."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Reel

OFF TOPIC

Quote from: MacGuffin on November 25, 2010, 02:42:09 AM
"Mark Walhberg hates The Happening"

What did he express about the movie exactly? It's funny because if there's anything I hate about The Happening- something that held it back from being great, it has to be his performance.

Pozer

Quote from: Reelist on November 25, 2010, 10:14:38 AM

What did he express about the movie exactly?
http://www.collider.com/2010/11/21/mark-wahlberg-the-happening-bad-movie/

In discussing meeting with his Fighter co-star Amy Adams previously, Wahlberg said:

We had actually had the luxury of having lunch before to talk about another movie and it was a bad movie that I did. She dodged the bullet. And then I was still able to ... I don't want to tell you what movie ... alright "The Happening." Fuck it. It is what it is. Fucking trees, man. The plants. Fuck it. You can't blame me for not wanting to try to play a science teacher. At least I wasn't playing a cop or a crook.

It's funny because if there's anything I hate about The Happening- something that held it back from being great, it has to be his performance.

you are wrong. aside from his performance there was plenty of other terrible stuff . . . happening.

socketlevel

Quote from: Pozer on November 25, 2010, 10:59:13 AM

What did he express about the movie exactly?
http://www.collider.com/2010/11/21/mark-wahlberg-the-happening-bad-movie/

In discussing meeting with his Fighter co-star Amy Adams previously, Wahlberg said:

We had actually had the luxury of having lunch before to talk about another movie and it was a bad movie that I did. She dodged the bullet. And then I was still able to ... I don't want to tell you what movie ... alright The Happening." Fuck it. It is what it is. Fucking trees, man. The plants. Fuck it. You can't blame me for not wanting to try to play a science teacher. At least I wasn't playing a cop or a crook.

It's funny because if there's anything I hate about The Happening- something that held it back from being great, it has to be his performance.

you are wrong. aside from his performance there was plenty of other terrible stuff . . . happening.

strangely enough i didn't hate the happening. my friend and i both kinda enjoyed it separately and laughed when we both admitted this to each other. It's a bad movie in that it's a bad script, everything else in it i kinda enjoyed. the happening requires the same suspension of disbelief that Pontypool requires and as long as you make that leap, it's an average movie. do i ever want to see it again? nope, but it got shit on way too much.  there are some great shots/scenes in it, i especially liked that one long shot with the gun being passed around to all the people on the street.

i guess i went in with super low expectations.
the one last hit that spent you...

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Reel

my favorite of his was I heart Huckabee's, but he's pretty much sucked balls since The Departed. Maybe he can take over for Christian Bale and play the next shitty Batman.

BACK ON TOPIC

Stefen

lol. Bale will be done with Batman when Chris Nolan says he's done with Batman.

mogwai

What is it with you and new pages anyway? :yabbse-grin: