Other actors/directors/etc. who mention PTA

Started by edison, January 18, 2008, 08:47:02 PM

Derek

It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Convael

I wonder if he knows about PTA's "little ronnie howard" comment during the PDL press rounds?

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: Stefen on December 29, 2009, 05:50:26 PM
^whats that about?

It was not that bad. When he was in Portugal for a press conference about PDL, he said the movie wouldn't win any Oscars because they'd rather give them to little Ronnie Howard (I believe this came out after A Beautiful Mind, right?). It was actually really funny.
Si

modage

PTA makes a cameo about an hour into the Funny People documentary at the friends and family test screening of the film.  Judd shouts him out as well as the 2nd person thanked in the credits.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Convael

Quote from: ElPandaRoyal on December 29, 2009, 06:35:26 PM
Quote from: Stefen on December 29, 2009, 05:50:26 PM
^whats that about?

It was not that bad. When he was in Portugal for a press conference about PDL, he said the movie wouldn't win any Oscars because they'd rather give them to little Ronnie Howard (I believe this came out after A Beautiful Mind, right?). It was actually really funny.
ah yeah sorry it wasn't that bad but it was still a diss.  They asked if PTA thought that the Academy would recognize someone like Adam Sandler or PSH (this was before Capote) and PTA said no and cited Ron howard/A Beautiful Mind basically as what's wrong with the Oscar voters.

picolas

Quote from: modage on December 30, 2009, 11:17:08 AM
PTA makes a cameo about an hour into the Funny People documentary at the friends and family test screening of the film.  Judd shouts him out as well as the 2nd person thanked in the credits.
can someone with the dvd somehow post those seconds?

Derek

It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

md

Interview where I mention my PTA encounter regarding TWBB. 

http://bit.ly/8NFGw3

"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

Stefen

Jason Reitman was on Bill Simmons podcast today and he was talking about how Bridges is now the fave for best actor over Clooney and he says, "Jeff Bridges hit a wave that some actors hit after people feel they discovered an unknown movie. It's like Daniel Day-Lewis last year or the year before for whatever that one movie was."

lol.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Stefen on January 22, 2010, 11:05:47 PM
Jason Reitman was on Bill Simmons podcast today and he was talking about how Bridges is now the fave for best actor over Clooney and he says, "Jeff Bridges hit a wave that some actors hit after people feel they discovered an unknown movie. It's like Daniel Day-Lewis last year or the year before for whatever that one movie was."

lol.

to go left field a little bit, but that was ultimate Jason Reitman interview. I want my favorite filmmaker to give an interview as open and as freewheeling as Reitman did for Simmons' podcast, but yea, excellent stuff.

Stefen

Well, I think a lot of it had to do with the situation of the interview. It wasn't a press type of thing. It was just two dudes talking shit. Reitman was able to let his guard down.

Gold Trumpet

It was an awesome interview. I'm considering just keeping it on my Ipod, but when discussing making sports movies, Jason Reitman spoke true words when he said "Bull Durham made it hard to make a baseball movie." I've been trying to conceive a baseball movie for two years and keep running into "Bull Durham already did this" problem so that was a "fuck, yea" moment for me.

OK, PTA misdirection over. Continue on, geeks.

Pozer

Quote from: modage on December 30, 2009, 11:17:08 AM
PTA makes a cameo about an hour into the Funny People documentary at the friends and family test screening of the film.

i started loling when i saw he was wearing that friggin brown shirt.

Lex

i think in the begining he is talking about pta