Mirageman

Started by pete, January 02, 2008, 10:44:31 PM

pete

from twitch:
The film is the latest from director Ernesto Diaz Espinoza and martial artist Marko Zaror, who last teamed up on the martial arts films Kiltro. In this one Zaror plays a security guard who becomes a masked crime fighter with the film going for a pretty hard edged martial arts feel - absolutely no CG or wire assist at all in the film - fused with a very lo-fi superhero feel. It seems to me like they've taken the typical verite style that South American film is known for and fused it with the old-school late 70's Hong Kong low budget aesthetic that you might suggest was just a little bit campy if not for fear that you'd get kicked in the head for saying so.

It says here that Zaror's going to explode internationally one of these days. Will this be the film that does it for him? No idea, but give the footage a look ... Bear in mind that this reel was handed to me literally three days after the film finished shooting and so it is completely untouched by ANY sort of post production work. This is the raw stuff, completely unaltered.

trailer here

teaser trailer

the twitch page
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

polkablues

"IN 2008, DELINQUENCY WILL BE KICKED IN THE FACE."

Right there is the only redeeming quality of that trailer.  But that's pretty fucking redeeming.
My house, my rules, my coffee