Freaks and Geeks DVD?

Started by Redlum, August 08, 2003, 06:30:35 AM

ElPandaRoyal

It used to air every sunday afternoon on cable here in Portugal. Those were the days  :) Made me stay home to watch it (what the hell am I saying? I always stay home on sunday afternoons..... 'cause I hate sunday afternoons)
Si

MacGuffin

Freaks and Geeks Set On April 6
Shows the power of an online petition.

The freaks have spoken and the geeks at DreamWorks Television have listened. "Freaks and Geeks, the short-lived but highly praised television series will finally debut as a six-DVD set on April 6. No price is available yet.

Set in the early 1980s, the show starred Linda Cardellini, John Francis Daley and James Franco. It followed Cardinelli and Daley as brother and sister high school students in a Detroit suburb.

When series producers Paul Feig and Judd Apatow discovered nearly 40,000 fans of the show had signed an online petition pledging to buy a future release of the DVD, they got to work. The six-disc set will contain 18 episodes, three of which never aired, plus more than 40 hours of bonus material.

The bonus material includes a director's cut of the pilot episode with behind-the-scenes footage, deleted scenes, outtakes, alternate cuts, blooper reels and 28 audio commentaries by the cast, crew and even parents of cast members and fans. The disc set will also come with a 28-page collectable booklet contains a Q&A with Apatow, an essay by Feig and plenty of geeky photos.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Redlum

Thankyou. Thankyou. Thankyou. Thankyou.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Pas

Aww man this will be $100+

meatwad

Quote from: Pas RapportAww man this will be $100+

i'm willing to pay it.

joeybdot

there used to be repeats of Freaks and Geeks at like midnight on Mondays I used to sneak up at night and watch it. I loved that show. Gd I love that show...... ::tear::

modage

for you superfans...

Well, it's now official - there will be a limited deluxe edition of Freaks and Geeks available to hard-core fans. Available now at the official site (and for a limited time only), the deluxe edition set features everything that will be on the regular box set, plus two additional DVDs packed with exclusive material. These two discs will feature three live "table reads," a one-hour Q&A with cast and crew at the Museum of Television & Radio, more audition footage, deleted scenes, outtakes, promos, raw single-camera footage, behind-the-scenes footage, guidance counselor Jeff Rosso & Feedback live in concert, the full original EPK, a script for an epiosde never shot, music and photo gallery, easter eggs, and more! This deluxe edition will be packaged in an expanded 80-page foil-stamped and embossed yearbook (itself filled with a ton of photos and memorabilia). The Freaks and Geeks Limited Deluxe Edition will cost a cool $120 and will not be available at retail.

--------------------------------------
i never saw this till reruns on some other channel, and i really liked it. but what about Undeclared?  did anybody watch that?  i loved that show.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ravi

Quote from: themodernage02
i never saw this till reruns on some other channel, and i really liked it. but what about Undeclared?  did anybody watch that?  i loved that show.

I remember Undeclared.  It wasn't a bad show.

modage

it was also a Judd Apatow creation and was very funny and had great characters.  plus, it had some great cameos for such a short run.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

I liked undeclared, well at least the two episodes I saw and then it dissapeared. I don't watch much tv so I always get excited when something I enjoy comes around. I'm still reeling from no more strangers with candy and mr show episodes. Long live titanica.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Weird. Oh

I saw a few episodes of Undeclared when it was on fox. I enjoyed the premise of the loser getting the hot girl that was cool I guess. Freaks and Geeks though was a great show that definitely shouldn't have been cancelled. I don't know if I'm willing to part with 130 dollars to buy it though.
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

modage

for you more casual fans...

Sony Music will release a more affordable six-disc box set on April 6th. Featuring the complete series presented in its original 4:3 full screen aspect ratio, extras include the "Director's Cut" pilot episode, no less than 29 audio commentaries by the actors, writers, directors, network executives, parents of cast members, teachers in character and dedicated fans of the show, an additional 60 deleted scenes and outtakes with optional commentary, a Q&A with producer and writer Judd Apatow and illustrated by "extremely geeky photos," cast audition footage, and a 28-page booklet with an essay by creator Paul Feig. Retail will cost you $69.95.

Redlum

I really dont think I can afford the Geeks edition and its very reaosnable price for the standard, I cant believe - 29 commentaries (including cast members parents!) Most excellent.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas