Antichrist

Started by MacGuffin, September 26, 2006, 01:55:33 PM

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

modage

not a fan of Von Trier but this looks good...

trailer: http://vimeo.com/4062746
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Fernando

:shock::notworthy:

im speechless, how many great films are we going to get this year??? i already lost count...this is insane..:crazyeyes:

Pozer

SiliasRuby

:yabbse-grin: :yabbse-grin: :yabbse-grin:
Very happy about this.

My Collection

tpfkabi

Quote from: modage on April 14, 2009, 09:34:09 AM
not a fan of Von Trier but this looks good...

trailer: http://vimeo.com/4062746

is it safe for work?

i saw that first screen capture and was not sure.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

squints

yeah its sfw.

what the fuck is going on in that trailer? that shit looks creepy but incredible. i can't wait.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

The Perineum Falcon

I just watched it twice in a row and I'm soooooo fucking giddy. :bravo:
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

brockly

i didn't know about this film until just now. 09=07=99.

picolas

oh man. the original release date: september 11th.

The Perineum Falcon

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

New Feeling

"Lars von Trier cuts a big fat art-film fart with "Antichrist." As if deliberately courting critical abuse, the Danish bad boy densely packs this theological-psychological horror opus with grotesque, self-consciously provocative images that might have impressed even Hieronymus Bosch, as the director pursues personal demons of sexual, religious and esoteric bodily harm, as well as feelings about women that must be a comfort to those closest to him. Traveling deep into NC-17 territory, this may prove a great date movie for pain-is-pleasure couples. Otherwise, most of the director's usual fans will find this outing risible, off-putting or both -- derisive hoots were much in evidence during and after the Cannes press screening -- while the artiness quotient is far too high for mainstream-gore groupies."

Variety's review: http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=festivals&jump=review&reviewid=VE1117940286&cs=1

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pas

haha does this review mean anything ? It feels like it does but I'm not sure. This could be one of those some people find it total crap and others total genius. I believe this thread has legs

SiliasRuby

It means nothing. NOHING!

My Collection