Godfather Part II HELP!

Started by finlayr, June 01, 2005, 09:09:03 AM

modage

Quote from: P on February 24, 2011, 07:24:10 PM
at his peak, hedwig was one of the top 5 funny posters who ever lived/wasted their lives posting here. but he often was too subtle in a pozer way, ultimately he will be remembered for taking the sensible position in every argument he entered.

that thread is also notable for containing the only thing silias has ever said that made me laugh..

Quote from: SiliasRuby on August 06, 2005, 12:29:55 PM
He was officially banned from the world on april 29th 1980.

Ha! I forgot about that thread. It also contains Samsong's (dead-on) parody of my posting circa 2005. For the record, I still think Gerry is the worst. Only now I think it with proper capitalization.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pas

Aaah now I get the 'wanna hug modage' thing. I wondered wtf that was about

Lottery

I usually get a Godfather/70s Coppola kick twice a year.

Man, if I made Godfather 2, I would feel like the greatest filmmaker in the world. Crazy year for film that year though, Godfather II, Chinatown, The Conversation and A Woman Under the Influence.

It's a damn shame that Pacino didn't win best actor that year- I think his work in that movie might the greatest performance of all time (then again, maybe Art Carney in Harry and Tonto might be transcendently amazing, I've never seen it) . Same deal with Gena Rowlands in her role. And of course, De Niro was fantastic and his win is a positive one but it's an even greater shame that John Cazale  wasn't nominated (heck, Duvall too) and didn't win.

Drenk

The Godfather is better. I rewatched them in January and thought I would prefer Part II again, but The Godfather is just a perfect movie.
Ascension.

Lottery

It's always a hard choice but I think II is the better film. It's technically superior and it's fascinating to watch Michael to head further down this very dark path (and watching Fredo emerge as one of the film's central emotional points). The stakes are as high as ever but it's a darker, more ominous and sinister film. Of course, I absolutely still adore the first one. It's warmer overall and it feels like a more gradual film whereas the second one (while longer and featuring a flashback storyline) is ultra-focussed on the immediate plot. But yeah, both are great and I don't think anyone's ever had a decade like Coppola.