I directed a series of music videos

Started by pete, April 04, 2011, 12:52:03 PM

picolas

really really pretty. what did you shoot it on exactly?

pete

we shot on Red with zeiss primes. the camera stuff was shot on fs100, just like the ZZZ Top music video.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

pete

can I beg somebody to consolidate all of my music video threads from the summer? I'd linked this one on a page elsewhere, but here it is again - The Coup's "Magic Clap". This was with a tiny budget shot over a day and a half: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/premiere-the-coup-the-magic-clap-20120830

And unfortunately this came out right after The Rolling Stone debuted Bob Dylan's music video that also involves a van kidnap and torture.
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

Quote from: pete on September 02, 2012, 12:43:25 PM
can I beg somebody to consolidate all of my music video threads from the summer?

i don't know about your summer (opposite world) but do you mean everything from here:

random stuff
I directed a series of hip-hop videos
Wolf Larsen - "If I Be Wrong" music video using projections and holograms

let me know and i'll lump them into one huge thread..
under the paving stones.

pete

everything but the random stuff thread. that random stuff goes back too far and has kinda become a thread for everyone to post his work.

please and thanks!
- Buster Keaton

pete

thank you so much. wolf needs all the push she can get. as a songwriter dealing with a debilitating disease, it's hard for her to do any kind of extended promotion efforts by herself. I mean it's hard enough for most musicians, nevermind one who is battling an unknown disease day in and day out.
- Buster Keaton

pete

- Buster Keaton

pete

a remix of the Cycles music video, with just the shadow ballet footage.
- Buster Keaton

pete

- Buster Keaton

Alexandro

loved the videos. great interview too. you hit my g spot with ballet dancers in a hip hop video. I think I could see four hours of that.

jenkins

ok, the guy who made the 'cycles to gehenna' video can give luhrmann lighting tips, no sarcasm. great job.

i like your interview, i like "it was an old naval castle training ground thing that's been there as long as san francisco has" and other interesting background details about the location.

pete

thanks guys!
I feel like Noisey fucked up the color balance of the video and the label's channel has a better version of the video where everyting is not so milky:

got a new one I'm working on, this time just for a local singer songwriter but it was a lot of fun shooting, here are some screencaps:

- Buster Keaton

pete

http://vimeo.com/59168132
an armenian ballet piece that I got to make with a photography buddy of mine.
- Buster Keaton

pete

I did something for The Uncluded - a duo comprised of Aesop Rock and Kimya Dawson. It was a music video for a song called "Delicate Cycle", which I co-directed with my best friend Ben Fee - best known for directing The Lumineers' Ho Hey video.

This one is sunnier and cuter than usual, per Kimya's request. It's also on MTV2/MTVU all day todaY:

clean version:
http://www.mtv.com/videos/the-uncluded/891791/delicate-cycle.jhtml

it's got Lil Bub the internet cat in it.
- Buster Keaton

72teeth

Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza