Dollhouse

Started by bonanzataz, February 21, 2009, 03:46:31 AM

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

john

Nah.

I figure, if Whedon hasn't gotten me to pay attention yet - why bother starting now.

Probably talented and all that, etc, etc... and I'll eat my words once I actually see something he's responsible for but, until then... fuck it, I've got Lost.

Any good?
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

Gold Trumpet

A friend of mine is a big Joss Whedon fan and a very smart guy and even he admits that this show kind of sucks. I have little interest in Joss Whedon. The funny thing is that I caught myself watching the premiere episode because I was at a boring party and that's all that was on. I was confused the entire time. The characters weren't elaborated on at all and I didn't know what was going on. It didn't feel like a first episode.

I caught an interview with Eliza Dushku who said the story gets better and more understandable in later episodes. I thought that was acknowledgement the show didn't have a good start at all

SiliasRuby

I WANT to watch this show but I've heard nothing but so-so things about it, maybe I'll give it a chance. But I'd rather watch another bergman film. Not to compare them, you can't.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

bonanzataz

premiere episode wasn't all that great, but still, i don't know why fox decided to relegate this to fridays. i guess they figure nerds that watch hot sci-fi babes (this airs right after sarah conner chronicles) aren't really going out on the weekends. funny thing though, the show got way more views on hulu than it did on broadcast. joss has since said that he would rather not work in television ever again.

i'm a big buffy fan so i'm giving this one a chance. there does seem like there's a lot of potential for this show to grow into something great.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Kal

I heard Eliza Dushku on Howard Stern the other day and it made me a bit curious to watch this, but reviews have been awful and I'm not a Whedon fan at all. Why is his fucking name Joss and not Josh. I hate these names that are meaningless and unisex (Joss Stone).

SiliasRuby

So I've been watching these past three episodes and I'm still intrigued. I've never been a fan of Joss's stuff, but this is curiously strange. I still catch snippets of 'Angel' at 6 on TNT when I'm getting ready for work and I wasn't really a fan. He sure knows how to pick goodlooking women. Eliza, Amy Acker, mmm mmmm good.

My Collection

bonanzataz

i mean it's moving along, slowly but surely. it seems as though they're trying to settle us into a fox action week to week formula type show, but knowing joss's subversion of genre, i think (or at least hope) that the show will go through a radical shift in storyline. as soon as we figure out more about alpha, i'm sure eliza is going to figure out what she is, then she's going to escape the dollhouse and all hell will break loose. they've been hinting about this for a while, but i fear viewers will start to lose interest if we keep having to watch these weekly plotline episodes. next week looks pretty great and the reveal of the russian guy this week was great, but i really don't care too much about the cliched week to week stories. i want to know more about the overarching story, but nobody here really cares, i'm sure...

SiliasRuby

I care bon...I care.

My Collection

SiliasRuby

Last weeks episode was phenomenal, with Patton oswalt...They are really pushing forward and it seems to be that tonight is gonna be even better.

My Collection

polkablues

Yeah, I've been gradually catching up on Hulu.  It is starting to get better as the underlying story picks up steam.  It still suffers the fate of any show in which the main characters participate in some wildly different vocation or setting each episode (I think Quantum Leap was the ultimate example), in that the show's watchability can vary wildly from one episode to the next, depending on how interesting that particular setup turns out to be.
My house, my rules, my coffee

SiliasRuby

This show feels a lot like 'Alias' mashed with 'blade runner'

My Collection

polkablues

I just realized I used the adverb "wildly" twice in the same sentence.  That is some wildly lazy writing on my part.
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

It's just not a very good show at all. It so wants to be Alias, La Femme Nikita and Battlestar Galactica, but it just is so poorly written. I can't understand how this secret, underground operation can have so many glitches and instances go wrong and still remain secretive (maybe that's because the FBI is so incompetent too). The characters are uninteresting; the tech guy incredibly annoying (when Marshall did the geek thing in Alias it was charming and cute; here it's nails on a chalkboard). The only one worth watching is the Olivia Williams.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks