The Dandy Warhols!

Started by Ultrahip, January 02, 2005, 02:53:11 PM

Ultrahip

Who digs?

I do! I do!

Yay! Yay! Happy New Year! The first of W's next four! Damn! Focus on the positive! The Dandy Warhols!

That song 'The Dandy Warhols Love Almost Everyone' goes great with champagne! Who else thinks so!

Rudie Obias

\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

modage

finally responding to this thread.   i didnt care for come down with the exception of like 3 songs.  i really liked 13 tales from urban bohemia and expected them to return with an album catapulting them into the 'garage rock' scene which had sprouted in their absence.  but they instead turned in a totally duran duran effort with a handful of good songs.   i saw them live and they sucked HARD.  played for like 3 hours in a neverending strummy fashion with hardly any of their actual songs showing through.  they also seem like pricks (as seen in Dig!)
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

life_boy

I like 13 Tales but haven't heard much else.  It's a good album to drive to.  I love "Muhammad."  The album features some nice, well-played songs.  They don't seem like the type of band I could listen to all the time, but good when I'm in a particular mood.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

Stefen

I'm only familiar with them from Dig! and in that film The Brian Jones Town Massacre were the superior band but the Warhols had the superior look.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

RegularKarate

but both bands lose because the movie blew

Stefen

Quote from: RegularKaratebut both bands lose because the movie blew

I thought it was alot of fun. What didn't you enjoy?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

GoneSavage

YOU AREN'T FOLLOWING THE RULES!!!!!!  CHAOS!  
xixax'd