Message to the banned

Started by Weak2ndAct, January 11, 2004, 05:22:32 PM

Weak2ndAct

For the love of God, stop creating new Xixax accounts.  I know there's this gaping hole in your lives now that you're banned, but please just stop this once and for all.  Because of some computer glitch or whatever (I believe this has something to do with AOL and similar IP's), every time you get banned for a new name, I get banned.  This has happened too many times lately, I'm getting quite sick of being banned every other day.  Let it go.

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Pubrick

unfortunately we had to learn the hard way. this had never happened before, but then we've never had banned ppl create 16 new accounts before.
under the paving stones.

molly

soon Xixax will  be like China. I look forward to the billionth xixax  member

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Whatever happened to banning IPs as opposed to banning accounts?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pubrick

Quote from: Walrus, KooKookajoobWhatever happened to banning IPs as opposed to banning accounts?
what are u talking about. banning IPs is what messed the whole thing up in the first place. u see when ur buddies start making 24 new accounts (and rising) we used to ban the ip hoping it was a unique location. unfortunately, and i'm not a computer freak so sumone correct me if i'm wrong, AOL has sum shit where multiple users sumtimes hav the same IP address only for a few posts at a time. so u get ppl like Reinhold and weak2nd randomly sharing sum ips with cow.

we've now taken to only ban the new accounts they create, but the damage is done. now we hav to go back over all the IPs banned for cow and JJ and unban the ones that are randomly in common with the majority of reinhold & weak2nd's output. do u follow that? cos it's been explained before and u keep asking the same thing.

u could help by telling ur buddies to stop making new accounts, that would help us out a whole lot.
under the paving stones.

freakerdude

The biggest probs are dynamic IP's like dial ups and ppl with static IPs who have the ability to get get a different IP by redirecting from another site. I can see how this would make it very troublesome for the admins folks having to deal with this.
MC Pee Pants

Banky

Quote from: P

u could help by telling ur buddies to stop making new accounts, that would help us out a whole lot.

man you act so above the situaion when you were also banned

picolas

Quote from: Brodieman you act so above the situaion when you were also banned
he wasn't banned. he was de-adminified and re-adminified.

Pubrick

Quote from: Brodieman you act so above the situaion when you were also banned
Quote from: picolbughe wasn't banned. he was de-adminified and re-adminified.
so uh, know what ur talking about next time before u decide to chime in with unnecessary remarks. this isn't about personal grudges u might hav, i just told u how things are.
under the paving stones.

Banky

p don't worry man we believe that you are an administrator

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Thin ice, Brodie, thin ice!
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Gamblour.

Quote from: Walrus, KooKookajoobThin ice, Brodie, thin ice!

The ice is going to break!
WWPTAD?

cine

Quote from: Gambloren das ManhörenThe ice is going to break!
:lol: Just another thing to quote from you...

Jeremy Blackman

I'm having a flashback to a board game in which each player drops marbles on a wet kleenex...