Modest Mouse

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, November 05, 2003, 09:13:29 PM

stalllove

do you like it?

it's on my site, at the bottom of the newest news entry....

.b.

Sleuth

I haven't heard it.  I'm actually not really in the mood to hear much of anything new by bands I usually follow because I haven't even heard the new Mountain Goats CD which I think has been out for some time now, and I feel weird about that.
I like to hug dogs

RegularKarate

They played it on the radio here last week... I liked it, but I'm not an authority on Modest Mouse yet.

moonshiner

Quote from: RegularKarateI'm not an authority on Modest Mouse yet

me neither but i am working on it, Float On is pretty cool, i am really loving the Lonesome Crowded West right now...

"everytime someone gets on their knees and prays, it makes my telephone ring..."
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

Stefen

Their website has one of the coolest opening pages ever.

http://www.modestmouse.com/
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Ravi

A friend of mine downloaded the new album "Good News For People Who Love Bad News."  It's a departure from their previous albums.  I don't have it with me right now or I'd describe it more, but the sound is different.  The tracks are also shorter than usual.

Ravi

I saw them in concert last week when they came to Fort Worth, TX.  My two friends who have seen them several times said the show wasn't as good as some of their others, but I enjoyed it.  Their opening act is Helio Sequence, who do an awesome cover of Tomorrow Never Knows.

Pedro

i guess something to say about the new album is that it's...funkier?

Ravi

Ravi

Everyone watch the video!  It's incredible.

moonshiner

Good News for People Who Love Bad News.....skeptical first listen, followed by a blissful second listen

a very high-gloss album with a few gems...Blame it on the Tetons, amazing and nothing like any other Modest Mouse song, the World at Large, the same goes for that minus familiar riff - after quick lesson on Bukowski, the song makes a lot of sense, great reference, better song...the jumpiness of some of the tracks really works.....mellotrons, banjos, fiddles, Flaming Lips contributions, all majestic and beautiful

had the bad feeling at first that this was the type of record that i would really appreciate, but not really love, but that feeling has went away

listened to Modest Mouse all night and in between finally watched 21 Grams, my outlook on life is all at once bleak, bitter, and inspired at the same time....i think i'll have a cola
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

BonBon85

I was kind of disappointed by the video. It seemed like it was going to be a Tim Hope video but it ended up being a wannabe Tim Hope video with too much camera movement. More interesting than your average video, though, and I love that song. Can't wait to hear the rest of the album!

Sleuth

I just got the CD and felt very disappointed, but maybe it'll get better in time.....

right now I'm calling it their worst
I like to hug dogs

superdrag76

new album is tough to digest at first because it lacks their usually edge, but i really liked it after a few days of listening to it. it seems very inspired by the ugly casanova side project.

moonshiner

Quote from: SlombI just got the CD and felt very disappointed, but maybe it'll get better in time.....

right now I'm calling it their worst

it will get better, but you're right, can't touch Lonesome Crowded West, or Moon and Antarctica.....but we'd be crazy to think it could

an album where resignation is as close to happiness that Isaac gets....the tone of the album is more relaxed and upbeat, but almost just as bitter

a short tragedy by me, driving to the mall listening to Good News... and thinking "man, this is the type of album that'll probably get some play in American Eagle (the corporate clothing store that makes every 15 to 25 year old a rock star)"...the "man" at the beginning of my thought indicating my scorn for that chance...well what do i do but walk in and try to find the most non-descript shirt or whatever on clearance when i notice a jumpy little number that's very familiar, The View from Good News... i walk out in disgust, feeling more and more like that hack that i am

JC, no not that one