The Chemical Brothers

Started by MacGuffin, February 23, 2005, 02:58:41 PM

MacGuffin

After a couple of spins, overall I'm diggin' this new album better than their last two (Surrender and Come With Us), although tracks like Let Forever Be, Come With Us or Star Guitar are far better than anything on this new one. The stand out tracks are Come Inside, Marvo Ging and Galvanize, the latter using guest rapper Q-Tip without overpowering the beats. That style works better unlike Left Right, which feels like it's a track better suited for a Jay-Z album than a Chemical Brothers one. The album isn't beat heavy like their perfect albums of Exit Planet Dust and Dig Your Own Hole, but it's a different sound for them by infusing hip-hop that works for the most part.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Born Under Punches

I like the new album, although the jury is still out on Shake Break Bounce.  Come Inside sounds like DYOH-era Tom & Ed.  And Believe sounds like the best track Prince never made.  Here's hoping I'll still get to see them play live one day.