Hugh Grant taking time off - do people care?

Started by cine, April 08, 2003, 05:29:12 PM

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

he plays a swarmy bad guy really well, i really liked bridget jones diary, i thought i would hate it and i didnt . Another great film my girfriend made me watch.  i would like to see him in a oliver stone film, something like wallstreet, and not NBK

EL__SCORCHO

I'm not a huge Hugh Grant fan and haven't seen all his movies, but I really liked him in About a Boy. Maybe if he stops doing those romantic comedies and taking on different roles he could be interesting to watch.

MacGuffin

Hugh Grant Signals End to Acting Career

Hugh Grant says he's lost interest in acting and is heading into retirement. Grant, who plays heartthrob Daniel Cleaver in "Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason," was quoted Thursday by the Evening Standard's Metro magazine as saying film acting is a "miserable experience."

"It's so long and boring and so difficult to get right," Grant said.

"I am sort of semiretired," he said. "I keep thinking I'm going to write a brilliant script."

"I've done very little in the past three years," Grant told the newspaper. "I don't return my agent's calls. I don't read scripts very much. I was never a very committed actor."

True to his word, Grant has no new films in the offing.

Grant, whose screen credits include "Four Weddings and a Funeral," "Notting Hill" and the first "Bridget Jones" movie, gained international notoriety when he was caught in a car with Hollywood prostitute Divine Brown in 1995.

The 44-year-old actor, who took his new girlfriend, heiress Jemima Khan, to this week's London premiere of "Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason," told the magazine he didn't feel pressure to settle down.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

El Duderino

Quote from: MacGuffin
"It's so long and boring and so difficult to get right," Grant said.

wow.....what a pussy
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Stefen

haha that's a goofy picture, it looks like youve been swimming in a public pool all day. You should get rid of it.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cine

He'll give his rebuttal when he posts again in early 2005.

Stefen

Quote from: CinephileHe'll give his rebuttal when he posts again in early 2005.

Welcome to late 04, Stefen. I should stay awhile.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cine

Bethie

Coincidentally I caught the rerun of Inside The Actors Studio with Hugh Grant (2002) this morning. He is quite funny. I laughed more at him than any other person I've seen on that show. His Woody Allen voice almost made me fall on the floor.

Even then he talked about not really being into the whole acting thing.
who likes movies anyway