The Xixax DECADEpenticon

Started by modage, February 10, 2006, 10:12:51 PM

SHAFTR

If Do the Right Thing, ESB & The Shining tied...why was only the Shining on the top 15 overall?
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Pubrick

Quote from: SHAFTR on February 11, 2006, 11:06:20 PM
If Do the Right Thing, ESB & The Shining tied...why was only the Shining on the top 15 overall?
Quote from: modage on February 10, 2006, 10:12:51 PM
This list is a tally of VOTES ONLY, not of your preference for these movies. As such it is not representative of what a proper decades-list would look like. Note the discrepancy between the placement of films in this list and in the final deka. Films with more votes ranked higher despite their low ranking in the latter because preference was not taken into account. Enjoy it for what it is.

i knew this was going to blow people's minds.
under the paving stones.

Alexandro

What I would love to see is the whole list with that cool design of caps and white numbers on them. Itt is so fucking cool it makes me wanna see every one of those movies right there and then.

And I would send it to some illiterate film people around thinking that maybe with the visual enhancement their curiosity to see somthing like The Big Lebowski or Do The Right Thing would be stronger.

w/o horse

The 1950s list group is a poor representation of both 50s films and great films from the 50s.  The 40s list is much better but still lacks some punch.  Well fuck it, actually, all these lists are probably duplicated in any random Book on Film at your local book store.  It's like we did a list of favorite foods and pizza, chocolate, and sushi won.

But.  You know.  That's the difficulty when compiling a best of list and usually the end result especially inside of a large group.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

modage

whats a better list from the 50's?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

w/o horse

Night of the Hunter, Kiss Me Deadly, Sweet Smell of Success, Wages of Fear, Smiles of a Summer Night, Rififi, Night and the City, The Asphalt Jungle, Forty Guns, Pickup on South Street, Seven Men From Now, The Killing, Paths of Glory, Nights of Cabiria, M. Hulot's Holiday, Mon Oncle, Shadows, Hiroshima Mon Amour, A Face in the Crowd, Rebel Without a Cause, East of Eden, Early Summer, Tokyo Story, Bob le Flambeur.

I'm just now getting into really getting into 50s films, so this is a list from my collection which I've never put much effort into until now.  The point being that looking at the Xixax list you'd think it was a decade like any other, but there was a lot of excitement and energy and talent and creativity in the decade.  From the middle 40s to the late-mid-50s I am beginning to think is my favorite period in film.

The list should just be longer I guess.  I don't feel it does the 50s justice but I don't not like any of the films.  Sunset Boulevard is in fact my favorite movie on many days.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

JG

I would have liked to see Throne of Blood, Rashomon, and La Strada up there personally, but it's not a bad list. 

Alethia

Quote from: Losing the Horse: on February 13, 2006, 09:51:28 PM
Night of the Hunter, Kiss Me Deadly, Sweet Smell of Success, Wages of Fear, Smiles of a Summer Night, :?: Rififi :?:, Night and the City, The Asphalt Jungle, Forty Guns, Pickup on South Street, :?: Seven Men From Now :?:, The Killing, Paths of Glory, Nights of Cabiria, M. Hulot's Holiday, Mon Oncle, Shadows, Hiroshima Mon Amour, A Face in the Crowd, Rebel Without a Cause, East of Eden, Early Summer, Tokyo Story, Bob le Flambeur.

despite the fact that i dislike cabiria and havent actually seen rififi or seven men from now - i'd say you fuckin nailed it

w/o horse

Aren't you a fellow Peckinpah fan?  If so you should defintely see Seven Men From Now.  If not you should so see Seven Men From Now.

The DVD has a doc with Eastwood, QT, Bogdanovich, Hackford, and some other people.  It's really good as well.

life_boy

Alethia

for petes sake

Lost in Translation should be on the list for the 2000's.