Was PTA ever NOT a god to you?

Started by meatball, October 25, 2003, 01:47:10 PM

meatball

I thought he was an annoying young guy who would giggle a lot and use the term "wax my car" too often. I seriously did NOT like the guy when I first listened to the Boogie Nights commentary.

Finn

um....................................no.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Ghostboy

Nope. I've been a fan ever since...oh, let's see...I think it was 1982. Or maybe 84. Yep. Ever since then.

kotte

Alethia

Ernie

As a person, I could never really be sure cause I don't know him, but I think he seems like a cool guy. He was just so fucking nice when I met him so I couldn't really think any different. He didn't have to be nice, he could have been a bastard but he was nice to everbody, even the annoying film snobs trying to go home with him. Before meeting him, I wasn't really sure if he was nice but yea, I still thought he was cool just judging by the BN commentary and interviews and whatnot. I thought it was cool that he was passionate and it made me feel better that he didn't seem all that deep, that reminded me of myself. He stuttered and spoke in fragments, that surprised me. And then yea, he's funny too. As a filmmaker, he always has been and always will be a god to me, plain and simple.

molly

Find Your Magali

Quote from: mollyanybody atheist?

Well, I'm more of an agnostic than an atheist.

BUT, to paraphrase Winston Zeddmore:

"When someone asks you if PTA is a god, you say YES!"  :)

molly

Quote from: Find Your Magali

Well, I'm more of an agnostic than an atheist.

BUT, to paraphrase Winston Zeddmore:

"When someone asks you if PTA is a god, you say YES!"  :)

I didn't say he's not good at what he does, but I don't like calling somebody a god, I just don't feel comfortable doing that. It's like he's an idol, and I don't have idols. But, I will say his name is a reccomendation for a movie.

Weak2ndAct

He won't be a God until he wins an Oscar, because no good career is validated until then :wink:

thedog

Yes... Paul Thomas Anderson does not exist...

AK

When I watched Boogie Nights i had no clue about who PTA was and (based on what i saw) I tought he was an older director just know discover by this movie...then i saw his pic with a line of him about the new years resolution not peeing in the shower anymore...first i thought he was funny and got MORE impressed with his youth+ talent.

Quote from: Weak2ndActHe won't be a God until he wins an Oscar, because no good career is validated until then :wink:

I know you are joking but I still expect (and hope) a BIG five for one of his movies... him, Julianne, Phill...

aclockworkjj

paul sucks...that mutha fucka still owes me a drink.  until then...screw him!!!

molly

Quote from: Weak2ndActHe won't be a God until he wins an Oscar, because no good career is validated until then :wink:

That guy that did "Beautiful Mind" is a god? :shock:

cine

Quote from: molly

That guy that did "Beautiful Mind" is a god? :shock:
Jokes, Molly... Jokes...
I love you, by the way.