Author Topic: Nathan for You  (Read 3402 times)

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
  • Respect: +1274
Re: Nathan for You
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2015, 09:13:14 PM »
+1
"Hunger is the purest sin"

Garam

• The Vision Quest
  • Respect: +232
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2015, 04:52:49 AM »
+2
Come on guys we need to talk about this. Jasmine is an actress, right?

The show is 'real' in the sense that a reality show is 'real'. In that it's an odd blend of genuine reactions and scripted fiction. It's a parody of the medium as well as the message.

The girl Corey went on a date with has revealed a little about the process.

https://www.reddit.com/user/JasmineSaylor/

So yeah, they know it's 'fake' in that a reality show is 'fake' but their reactions to Nathan's madness are totally genuine.

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2015, 10:18:49 AM »
Okay wow, thanks. That sounds about right. She really struck me as someone who was helpfully playing along. The misleading editing bothers me a bit; otherwise that mostly seems fair. It does raise questions about how much trickery goes into the other episodes. But I'm willing to believe that this one required significantly more.

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2016, 11:15:16 PM »
Just finished Season 3, for some reason ending with E3 "The Movement." This made me laugh harder than anything I can remember, no exaggeration. (SPOILERS!) Specifically when Jack makes his television appearances and finally arrives at this glorious moment:

"I was working with a jungle child, his name was Dendy, he was a great inspiration for me. And uh, unfortunately, tragically, he died when baboons kidnapped and ate him. It was actually one of the worst days of my life."

I was laughing so hard I had to pause the show for a minute to recover. It's his delivery — the absolute sincerity and confidence — that sells it.

In general I think this episode might have more classic moments than any other in Season 3.

- "A jungle child is what?" / "Jungle child are children that live in the jungle."

- "Never stepped foot in the gym in my entire life. I got this body by simply just moving boxes and furniture."

- "The candles flickered, the sheets were still, but all the energy in the room surrounded Roman and Kenzie. Kenzie stepped forth and gently touched Roman’s arm. He suddenly felt weak, and trembled, and fell, as if his Achilles heel had been struck by a blade, but all it was was simply a woman’s touch."

- "Jack can go on the news, lie to everyone in America, and you'll get a fresh batch of people..."

- That wig and beard reveal. Oh my God.

- "We do too much for our children."

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2016, 10:54:58 AM »
+1

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +1368
    • Neon Burrito
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2016, 12:39:47 PM »
"I was working with a jungle child, his name was Dendy, he was a great inspiration for me. And uh, unfortunately, tragically, he died when baboons kidnapped and ate him. It was actually one of the worst days of my life."

nothing but perfect.

this is an la thing he's doing, wish i could see the setlist:

Every perspective is an act of creation.

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2017, 10:14:17 AM »
+1

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2017, 10:06:40 PM »
First episode is good. The second and third episodes are GREAT. I completely lost it at the charity event (you'll see).

Also I feel like this show is fully and completely unethical right now. It bothers me a little, but it might be a worthy sacrifice for art.

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy