Sigur Ros

Started by Jeremy Blackman, March 18, 2003, 11:12:58 AM

Sigur Rós

Quote from: bigideasok, i was thinking there was a fansite that described all their releases or something

It's taken from www.smekkleysa.is

tpfkabi

Sigur Ros has made some really beautiful music......i just wish they'd make a 40 minute album.....if this means 4 or 5 songs, so be it

i'm a real believer in listening to an album the whole way through (as the artist intended it) before making a judgement on it.....but it's really really hard to listen to an entire Sigur Ros album

any word on their next album?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

The Idiot

Quoteany word on their next album?

I believe its due sometime next year (possibly April)? In any case, the Sigur Ros fellow probably knows.
It is said that evil men have no songs. Why is it, then, that the Russians sing songs?

-Friederich Nietchze

Sigur Rós

Quote from: The Idiot
Quoteany word on their next album?

I believe its due sometime next year (possibly April)? In any case, the Sigur Ros fellow probably knows.

All I know is that they've started recording it at Àlafoss studio. Which means it will be released sometime next year.

This is what their site says:

new album in the works- 14th august 2003
the band has begun work on their fourth lp. likely contenders for the album are the new songs which the band has been playing at concerts lately, such as gong (that's right, that title of this song is actually the english word 'gong', not 'göng', as previously reported), mílanó and salka.

Ravi

http://www.sigur-ros.com/

ba ba released today- 23rd march 2004
ba ba ti ki di do, the experimental music written and improvised by sigur rós for merce cunningham's dance piece, split sides, was released today in america. the european release date for this 21 minute ep will be announced shortly.

Pubrick

ti ki is the best.
under the paving stones.

Dirk

Quote from: Pubrickti ki is the best.

Negative. ba ba is.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Finn

I can not seem to find the exact bootleg that Cameron Crowe used for Njosnavelin in Vanilla Sky. I've heard many different versions of the song, but none of them seem to be as good as CC's version. Somebody please post if you know where to find it or if you know how to make a copy of it yourself!
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Jeremy Blackman

Released March 23rd? It was available on the iTunes store a month ago.

And as far as the ba ba / ti ki controversy, I think it's a toss-up.

Seraphim

With all respect,

but I think that ( ) is better than Agaetis Birjun.  :roll:

( ) is more coherent, consistent than the first album. It's heavier, darker...maybe that's the reason some people don't like it as much as Agaetis Birjun.

But ( ) is a perfect album, from the first till the last second. I don't know more than two or three albums which are so perfect... Just push the Play-button, sit or lie (or was it lay, my English could be better, I'm sorry people :P ) down and you are totally gone for more than sixty minutes...

( ) takes some more time to get used to than Agaetis, I guess, because it's less accessible, but please, try to listen to this album at least times, and I'm sure you'll end up liking this like almost no other album.

By the way, anyone familiar with Sigur Ros' and Hilmar Orn Hilmarsson's soundtrack "Englar Alheimsins" (Angels of the Universe)?

Very dark and sombre, highly minimalistic sounds. The Islandic films is about a schizophrenic boy, so expect the music to support that dark atmosphere. Recommended.

BTW, I didn't reed all the post on the pages of this topic, so if this was said earlier by other people- I'm sorry.
Seraphim's magic words:
Dutch
Dead Can Dance/ Cocteau Twins
Literature
European/ Art Cinema:
Tarkovsky, Bresson, Fellini, Angelopoulos

Sigur Rós

Quote from: SeraphimBy the way, anyone familiar with Sigur Ros' and Hilmar Orn Hilmarsson's soundtrack "Englar Alheimsins" (Angels of the Universe)?

Yep, it's a good soundtrack - Have you seen the film or red the book??

Seraphim

Quote from: Sigur RósYep, it's a good soundtrack - Have you seen the film or red the book??
Nope and nope. :)

Still waiting for the film to be broadcasted somewhere in my "area" (that means, Dutch, Belgian, British or German national television). :)

Haven't read the book yet, either. I'm quite a reader though, but I have a list of just too many books yet to read. :)

I'm very interested in both the film and the book, though.
Seraphim's magic words:
Dutch
Dead Can Dance/ Cocteau Twins
Literature
European/ Art Cinema:
Tarkovsky, Bresson, Fellini, Angelopoulos

tpfkabi

i listen to (_) more than AB.
i think the first half of (_) is perfect,
but side 2 is very redundant.
i wish the album was 1-4, 5, & 8.
6 and 7 seem to pretty much be rehashing of 5 or AB
and the use of the same lyrics or "vocal sounds" gets really old.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Jeremy Blackman

( ) is bleaker and more cynical, and there's nothing wrong with that... I don't think it "falls apart" in the second half, it just gets bleaker... that's the point.

I would never say it's better than AB, though.

Pubrick

i would say it's not as good.

there's only so many times i can hear sumone say "usayfla,usai. usaylflo due" and whatever else. i much prefer icelandic.

() doesn't suck or anything.. musically its on par with AB, but lyrically, and in replayability/longevity the latter has yet to be matched.
under the paving stones.