secret radiohead

Started by sickfins, November 03, 2004, 06:26:49 PM

sickfins

in this

thom talks about how paul thomas anderson came to the studio with his old black and white camera to shoot a crazy, over the top music video for 'we suck young blood'.

and i doubt anybody will ever see it.

©brad

tpfkabi

what do you mean by "in this."
the pic link doesn't work.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Jeremy Blackman

tpfkabi

thanks for the fix on the pic.
is this available or is it some type of promo?

tpfkabi

sickfins

it's hard to find as a cd...you can get the interview mp3s fairly easily...

modage

well if anyone has the time/inclination and wants to transcribe just the parts where they are talking about pt, that would be appreciated.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

sickfins

finei'lldoitgrumbelbmermbmrr

"paul thomas anderson came into the studio and he brought this camera with him, it was exactly the same camera model that they shot the nosferatu in, basically this camera is a box and you wind it, and you have to have a tempo to wind it to and if you wind it fast or slow you get this extraordinary movement, and we wanted to shoot this really over the top vaudeville b-movie thing with it, because that to me is party where it was coming from.   and also it was really sick and sexual in a really peverse way, very LA as far as I'm concerened.  I think that was the reason why we went to LA, because 'we suck young blood' was our take on hollywood really.  in fact, we went out to a party that night everyone was dressed as mad hatters, it just fit completely.  we went to this place, it was just... [whispers] you people are so silly.  and it was like that's how they dressed every day to create an impression.  it was brilliant.  we felt like old people, maybe we'd missed something."

there is a slim chance it could show up on 'the most gigantic lying mouth of all time'...

from thom:
but now you can watch it when you want, and maybe actually see it properly as well.  it contains music from hail to the thief etc., and all sorts of other stuff from us... videos you may not have seen, and unreleased music that isn't out anywhere else.

now give me my $, bitches

Pozer

why slim? sounds like it would be on it.

tpfkabi

if you're subscribed to the WASTE mailing list, does that mean you have a WASTE username?
i wanted to order that DVD the day it was announced, but when i tried all the usernames/passwords i could think of, nothing happened. or actually, i think it asks for your e-mail address, but it didn't recognize mine.
i've also ordered tickets through them twice.
i e-mailed WASTE that day to clarify and they still haven't gotten back with me.

Myxo

I ordered this a while ago and haven't gotten my DVD yet.

:D

Sleuth

They don't ship until December 1, just like WASTE said when they said, "They don't ship until December 1"
I like to hug dogs

Myxo

Quote from: SleuthThey don't ship until December 1, just like WASTE said when they said, "They don't ship until December 1"

Oh, ok.

I stand corrected.

:-D

cine

Try to sit corrected.

Go ahead, I dare you.