your favorite song

Started by Jeremy Blackman, January 26, 2005, 10:47:59 PM

brockly

it would either be colours or catch the wind, both by donovan

Mavis

"Hidden Place" on a good subwoofer.

my favorite song right now is by a japanese band called the boredoms , the song is called Super Now, if you get it (listen to it with headphones and)  tell me what you think
context, context, context.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Smiths - That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

deathnotronic

Tie between "Biomusicology" by Ted Leo and "Pamphleteer" by The Weakerthans.

noyes

"Planet SHHH" - cap'n jazz
south america's my name.

MacGuffin

Quote from: WalrusSmiths - That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore

That's quite a compliment to the 90's 80's.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: WalrusSmiths - That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore

That's quite a compliment to the 90's 80's.

There were some outliers, yes.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

noyes

i wholeheartedly add "White Lines (Don't Do It)" by Grandmaster Flash and Melle Mel (off the '83 12'' single)
that song is classic.
south america's my name.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Silverchair - Across the Night

Pubrick

Quote from: WSilverchair - Across the Night
i liked them better when they rocked. and even that got old fast.

favorite song today..
Quote from: from the Songs Currently Stuck in Head thread, in late 2003, NewtronLadytron's cover of Oops Oh My, originally by Tweet.

I'M TURNING RED WHO COULD THIS BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
..could also be in Best Covers.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

At this exact instant, it's the Von Bondies' "Come On, Come On".  But I'm sure it's just a phase.

Quote from: WSilverchair - Across the Night

...and if we're talking late-era Silverchair, it's gotta be "Without You".

"You brighten my life like a polystyrene hat/But it melts in the sun like a life without love..."

Awesome.
My house, my rules, my coffee

mogwai

it's time to reveal polkablues real identity (to the left):

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Pubrick
i liked them better when they rocked. and even that got old fast.

Do you mean Freak Show and Frogstomp?  I would have to disagree, but if you meant Neon Ballroom, I'd be inclined to agree.  Diorama may not have been the best of their albums, but it was certainly the best produced.

polkablues

Quote from: mogwaiit's time to reveal polkablues real identity (to the left):

Thank you, Mogwai.  I actually spend the bulk of my day trying very hard to forget that those two are married.  

On a tangentially related note, I just went to a karaoke bar last night and sang a duet of "Torn" with one of the hottest girls I've ever met in real life.  She couldn't sing for shit, but did that bother me?  Not a whit.
My house, my rules, my coffee