Mulholland Drive DVD questions

Started by BonBon85, March 03, 2003, 12:01:09 AM

SHAFTR

Chapter Stops would be nice
...especially for a few choice Naomi Watts scenes.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

picolas

Quote from: sphinxi think only people like or resembling or in any way physically/mentally/spiritually connected to and/or in the same room as/married to/to to macguffin, budgie, and p and p(icolas) and jeremy blackman and xerxes will remember the time when i gave out brett ratner's phone number on the old boards and everybody tried to call it

BonBon85

I remember when you posted Ratner's number and I said it had to be fake because it was in the 415 area and Ratner's supposed to live in Beverly Hills. Sigh - nobody listened. Funny idea, though. I'd pay for a recording of the messages.

sphinx

yeah, i think my initial post said that he was in san fran shooting a movie and you could contact there at that number...

budgie

I don't remember this.  :shock:

Perhaps I was someone else at the time?
Or my Brett Ratner filter was on.
Or my sphinx shield.
Or my memory is shot.
Or selective.
Or of limited capacity.
Or it's a conspiracy and shinx is just trying to make me do things.
Or think things.

I just wish Mulholland Drive had been a tv series. It's so truncated. :cry:

ono

I was at Best Buy today and saw Mulholland Drive for $14.99.  Odd thing, though, which I hadn't noticed before, is there were at least two different covers, with different pictures of Betty (Naomi Watts).  Any particular reason for this?  I can think of a couple, sure.  I just thought it was odd.

sphinx

Quote from: budgieI don't remember this.

ask macgufffffff

BonBon85

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaI was at Best Buy today and saw Mulholland Drive for $14.99.

Yeah, I finally bought it now that it came down in price. It was kind of good that I put off buying it for so long. It made watching it again more interesting.

bonanzataz

i copied the mother fucker onto dvd-r and put chapter stops on that bitch. only drawback now is that i got to switch discs like with a laserdisc.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Ghostboy

I watched it the other night and accidentally hit the back button on my remote instead of the pause button, and then had to fast forward all the way back to where I was.

That said, I think the No Chapters feature is an ideal trick for a Lynch movie.

godardian

Quote from: Ghostboy

From the Straight Story insert:

"I know that most DVDs have chapter stops. It is my opinion that a film is not like a book- it should not be broken up. It is a continuum and should be seen as such. Thank you for your understanding." - David Lynch[/i]
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

freakerdude

Quote from: BonBon85Will there ever be a SE of Mulholland Drive? The current one doesn't have any exciting special features and it costs $30.

I just bought it at columbiahouse.com for around $12. It really does blow that they don't have a special version with docs yet.........and add DTS surround sound to that crappy Dolby Digital system.  :multi:

Sorry for reviving old threads and the use of funky emoticons.......
MC Pee Pants

Mesh

Quote from: godardian
Quote from: Ghostboy

From the Straight Story insert:

"I know that most DVDs have chapter stops. It is my opinion that a film is not like a book- it should not be broken up. It is a continuum and should be seen as such. Thank you for your understanding." - David Lynch

Re: the sentiment: agreed.

But those who'd buy the DVD are, one'd hope, sophisticated enough to take such concerns under advisement/consideration and make up their own minds.  Lynch could maybe use some artist/audience humility.

bonanzataz

if i was ever to make a movie and had control over the dvd, i'd keep in the cigarette burns (yes, i learned that term from fight club) and make the chapter stops at the reel changes. i was watching the dog day afternoon dvd yesterday and they kept the cigarette burns in. i like when they do that. it makes me feel like i'm in the theater. i like when i can see film grain and dirt on the print for some reason. same reason i like hearing the 'pops' on old lp's. just as long as they're not so frequent to be distracting.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Myxo

Cigarette burns are cool. Although there is probably something lost in not being at the theater listening to some fucking moron on his cell phone behind you while trying to concentrate on the film.