Who's Next To Croak?

Started by cine, September 28, 2003, 11:07:39 AM

jenkins

<3

it is a bummer of a loss. that's where i saw decline of the western civilization with penelope spheeris, the restoration of that lost early orson welles movies they found or whatever, plus that's only a short intro to the many blessings that came to me through Bing. the only consolation here is that sweet as fuck globular theater that's taking over

wilberfan

Quote from: jenkins on April 13, 2020, 01:26:23 AM
...the only consolation here is that sweet as fuck globular theater that's taking over

Ah, I'd forgotten about that, you're right.  Just in time to test whether, and to what extent, people will actually want to watch films in close proximity to strangers ever again.

wilberfan

wilder

Matt Holzman, creator of KCRW's The Business

wilberfan

wilberfan

Matty Simmons, Producer of ANIMAL HOUSE and co-founder of National Lampoon.

wilberfan

Reel

This one hits hard.  Not even that I can say I know his music  very well, but I'm aware he practically invented Rock and Roll and we more often look to Chuck Berry as doing that. Such an iconic, positive force of nature, R.I.P.

Alethia

Alethia

wilberfan

WHAT?!  Jesus!  I just listened to Marc Maron (whom she was dating) yesterday describe how she was sick (not COVID) and how he was taking care of her.  Frequent listeners to WTF feel like Marc is part of their extended family (at least *I* do), so this one hits home REALLY hard.   

[edit]  Heavy echoes for me--having also lost a girlfriend suddenly (also undiagnosed condition) back in April '91.   I suspect Marc is more open to the grieving process than he was, say, 8 or 10 years ago--but the next year at least is going to be a big challenge for him.  It took me a solid 18 months to get back to a 'normal' place, and I understood the importance of letting my feelings happen.

And one of his cats isn't doing well either.  I just feel so bad for him...

Alethia

FWIW, there's a digital card/message board thing making the rounds amongst his fan groups on Facebook. Sign, if you're so inclined. I did. https://www.kudoboard.com/boards/6yjloSCr

wilberfan