Superman & Batman

Started by MacGuffin, July 20, 2013, 04:07:46 PM

Drenk

I agree with Kal, this movie is insulting in a strange way: not just because it is stupid, not because there is no story or characters, but because the creators know that and don't care, they seem to feel like this is what we deserve, what we want, what's to be expected. Once again, I watched it. I'm guilty.
Ascension.

jenkins

i don't have plans to see it because it's so long. if this was an hour and a half i'd be there today. it's Batman and Superman, i get the appeal. a thing that's happening here is since i don't get why people like comic book movies so much, i also don't get why people don't like comic book movies so much. it seems to me to be functioning as a completely normal movie: people are finding their reasons for liking and not liking it. excuses and reasons are being made from private perspectives that sometimes feel extraordinary when heard. the sum value is that people are seeing a movie and having their own thoughts, that's all that's happening, that's literally all that ever happens.

people liking and not liking a movie doesn't stir me too much (i try not to let it). all that's on my mind is movies. in particular for this i want to see Ezra Miller. i desire youtube clips of every scene Ezra Miller is in.

also mentioning that Kal "laid it down" and Drenk toasted.

Kal

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on March 26, 2016, 01:08:08 PM
SPOILER

Quote from: Kal on March 26, 2016, 12:51:29 PMThen towards the end, they become friends and there is also no reason why they should. Only because both of their moms are called Martha.

I heard this on the Rotten Tomatoes podcast, and I wasn't 100% sure if they were joking or not. Is it played sincerely?

Nope. Batman is finally about to kill Superman and about 1 minute later he calls him "my friend". All because their moms are called Martha. They don't even discuss what a funny coincidence it is and laugh about it either, which would have made it more normal. It's really nuts.

Reel

Drenk

Ascension.

The Ultimate Badass

Yeah, this movie is as bad as people are saying. I don't know who is to blame. Warner Brothers clearly does not know how to manage its properties. After Watchmen, which I still think is the best comic book movie ever,  I thought Snyder understood what makes these characters appealing, but then he made Man of Steel, which was absolute shit. The guy clearly wants to make The Dark Knight Returns, but the studio wont let him, so he sneaks in pieces here and there. Add to this the studio imperative to expand the universe for more spinoff movies and this is the result -- in other words, a holy fucking mess.