Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

grand theft sparrow

I was at last night's show at the Garden.  Best one I've been to.  I've never heard them do Kid A live before.  All the new songs are OUTSTANDING!  Videotape literally had me slackjawed.

1. The Gloaming
2. National Anthem
3. 15 Step
4. Arpeggi
5. Kid A
6. Dollars and Cents
7. Videotape
8. Nude
9. I Might Be Wrong
10. Paranoid Android
11. Bangers 'n Mash
12. Pyramid Song
13. My Iron Lung
14. Bodysnatchers
15. Myxomatosis
16. No Surprises (dedicated to Michael Stipe)
17. Everything in its Right Place

Encore 1:
18. A Wolf at the Door
19. Down is the New Up
20. Like Spinning Plates
21. Spooks
22. Idioteque

Encore 2:
23. Just
24. The Tourist

modage

Quote from: becksparrow on June 15, 2006, 08:45:16 AM
I was at last night's show at the Garden.  Best one I've been to.
i'm not sure how we were at the same show.  :yabbse-sad:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

Quote from: modage on June 15, 2006, 09:21:33 AM
Quote from: becksparrow on June 15, 2006, 08:45:16 AM
I was at last night's show at the Garden.  Best one I've been to.
i'm not sure how we were at the same show.  :yabbse-sad:
he's just got better taste than you.
under the paving stones.

modage

maybe mine is more discriminating.   :elitist:  but seriously, the gloaming?  it is probably the worst song on any radiohead album and they OPENED with it.  and kid a is useless live.  the new songs are good though.  i enjoyed them more than most of the other stuff.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: modage on June 15, 2006, 09:47:59 AM
maybe mine is more discriminating. :elitist:

:nono: 

You just like a different Radiohead than I do.  And admittedly, last night's show was more for the fans who have seen them: A) more than once; and B) more than once in the last 5 years.  You should have gone to the Tuesday night show from the looks of it.

Gloaming is one of my 5 least favorite songs on any post-Pablo album but when they do it live, Colin is the star and he just makes the song whole.  They did pretty much the same arrangement on their 2003 tour and it made me stop skipping the song when I listen to HTTT.

And I'll take Kid A live over Treefingers or Hunting Bears live any day.

RegularKarate

Yeah, Gloaming is amazing live.. I think that Mod should have just stayed home and listened to the songs he wanted to hear on CD and pretended he was at the concert... that setlist is a great setlist, based on live performances.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: becksparrow on June 15, 2006, 10:35:05 AM

Say what you want about Treefingers, but don't knock Hunting Bears.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

modage

Quote from: RegularKarate on June 15, 2006, 01:28:50 PM
Yeah, Gloaming is amazing live.. I think that Mod should have just stayed home and listened to the songs he wanted to hear on CD and pretended he was at the concert... that setlist is a great setlist, based on live performances.
no this would've been a great setlist.

1. The Gloaming Airbag
2. National Anthem
3. 15 Step
4. Arpeggi
5. Kid A Fake Plastic Trees
6. Dollars and Cents Lucky
7. Videotape
8. Nude
9. I Might Be Wrong
10. Paranoid Android
11. Bangers 'n Mash
12. Pyramid Song Exit Music
13. My Iron Lung The Bends
14. Bodysnatchers
15. Myxomatosis Backdrifts
16. No Surprises (dedicated to Michael Stipe)
17. Everything in its Right Place Karma Police

Encore 1:
18. A Wolf at the Door 2+2=5
19. Down is the New Up
20. Like Spinning Plates
21. Spooks
22. Idioteque

Encore 2:
23. Just
24. The Tourist

if the band had just sucked that night or i had terrible seats it would have been easier to take.  but the fact that they did SOUND great and PLAYED great made it more heartbreaking when i just could not get into what they were playing.  i was really excited, i had familiarized myself with the new material and had seen enough setlists to have some idea of what they have been playing recently so i was just not prepared for this.  becksparrow is right, i would've been much happier on night one.  i have suffered more radiohead related heartbreak than i can even describe and this was no exception.  :(

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: Walrus on June 15, 2006, 02:15:54 PM
Quote from: becksparrow on June 15, 2006, 10:35:05 AM

Say what you want about Treefingers, but don't knock Hunting Bears.

I'm not knocking Hunting Bears in and of itself.  It's just not what I want to hear when I see them in concert.  Those 2 songs bring everything to a halt no matter where they're placed in a show.

MacGuffin

For $340 mod and his girl can come over to my place and I'll play 'em whatever the f they want on my stereo.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Quote from: Lucid on June 16, 2006, 01:45:12 AMI really, really want to hear these at the show I'm going to.  Throw in "We Suck Young Blood," "2 + 2 = 5," "How To Disappear Completely," and some requisite Bends/OK Computer faves and I'll be happy.

Quote from: MacGuffin on June 15, 2006, 04:38:55 PM
For $340 mod and his girl Lucid can come over to my place and I'll play 'em her whatever the f they she want on my stereo.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

i've seen them twice. on the HTTT tour my biggest hopes to hear were Big Ideas (the old way), Airbag, Kid A, Myxomatosis and We Suck Young Blood. they play Karma Police and PA at almost every show, so i didn't really care to hear those again. Idioteque is so good that I wouldn't mind hearing it every time I see them.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

modage

MacGuffin

Source: MTV

The presence of one of President Bush's twin daughters at a Radiohead concert at the Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York last week has frontman Thom Yorke fuming. In a post to Radiohead's blog, "Dead Air Space," Yorke wrote that the concert was interrupted for several fans thanks to six Secret Service Agents, who cleared a path for the first daughter's exit and "manhandled ... some poor soul." Yorke wrote that the incident left the band with a multiple-choice quandary. "I don't know whether we should be A. honored; B. amused; C. bemused; D. ask if she had a valid ticket; E. object belatedly on moral grounds; F. ask again if she had a ticket and question whether this [is] really what our gigs are about; G. don't blame the daughter for the father; H. shut up and smile."

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Quote from: Lucid on June 24, 2006, 03:30:14 AM
I have no complaints, not even regarding the setlist, which omitted many of the songs that I originally "really want[ed]" to hear.
yeah your setlist was still about 1000 times better than mine.