Kill Bill: Volume One

Started by Satcho9, January 19, 2003, 10:18:06 PM

lamas

I forgot to ask, whatever happened to the supposed Lars from Metallica/RZA collaborations?  The RZA was the only one with new music for the score right?

Ghostboy

Just got back from seeing it again. Goddamn is it great. Banky, I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not overpraising it in my opinion. There are two films so far this year that I can't overpraise -- Lost In Translation and this.

The only problem I noticed with it this time around was that the animation might have been better if it ended before the rooftop assasination. But that's only like forty five seconds, and heck, it's still damn cool.

Two couples left...one right after Vivica got it and the other two during the anime. Everyone else seemed into it...some more than others.

tpfkabi

there were two walk outs......both were parents who brought younger kids.........what were you thinking?
good, good stuff.
uma is so hot.......something about that yellow

so most of the instrumental stuff is RZA? i really liked it. he was a perfect fit since WuTang always had a big kung fu influence in all their stuff.

do we need to start a thread for people who have seen it? i hate to have to give the spoiler alert all the time

*spoiler*
i could not believe the whole hospital scene involving time with a comatose patient (still kind of vague for someone who hasn't seen it)........i had my hand over my gaping mouth for that
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Steve McQueen's ghost

OMG!!!!! Tarantino is back..... I mean he's REALLY back!!! I love this movie.

DigitalFriend

Just got back from it.  packed crowd.  This movie fucking ruled, not many movies can get me feeling giddy as hell and this one did.  Everything was awesome. Man, I'm not really adding anything to this thread, but I just wanted to say, fuck man it was good.

cine

Quote from: Brock Landersaww, kill bill got 18+ in Australia.  :( I will have to end my life if i can't figure out a way to get in. anyone got any strategies?

Yep. Get a ticket for 'Good Boy' and. . .

Rudie Obias

i really liked how go go yubari was the same actress who played chigusa in BATTLE ROYALE.
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

brockly

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: Brock Landersaww, kill bill got 18+ in Australia.  :( I will have to end my life if i can't figure out a way to get in. anyone got any strategies?

Yep. Get a ticket for 'Good Boy' and. . .

yah, i was thinking that too, but i want to go see it on the mega-screen which is right at the front of the hall and it'll be too easy for them to spot me. thanks for the idea though.

i got an 18 year old friend who looks kind of like me. ill just borrow his ID, should pass.

SHAFTR

I haven't felt this happy leaving a movie theatre since seeing Punch-Drunk Love (and maybe About a Boy).
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

smash

Just saw it tonight too and I loved it.  The stylized action and the amazing cinematography was fantastic.  I enjoyed it so much that I've already planned a second viewing on Saturday night

brockly

Quote from: SHAFTRI haven't felt this happy leaving a movie theatre since seeing Punch-Drunk Love

Ravi

Quote from: smashJust saw it tonight too and I loved it.  The stylized action and the amazing cinematography was fantastic.  I enjoyed it so much that I've already planned a second viewing on Saturday night

I'm going to see it again, but I don't konw if I want to see it tomrorow.  Maybe in a week or two.

February cannot come soon enough.

Pas

I heard someone say : "Old school yet revolutionary" Great way to describe the feeling I got too.

Alethia

4 hours till i see it.  i feel so left out.

A Matter Of Chance

Quote from: Pas RapportI heard someone say : "Old school yet revolutionary" Great way to describe the feeling I got too.

That's so true!