Schindler's List

Started by budgie, March 19, 2003, 08:22:09 AM

budgie

I finally saw this the other day. Thought it was ok, but instantly forgot about it so don't think it did its job. Terrible overkill at the end. Not sure about the quality of the b/w - it had the feel of a historical reconstruction which I liked though. Thought it shouldn't have had any score, just incidental music. Does anyone want to make a case for it being brilliant, cause maybe, although I was ready and willing, my mistrust of Spielberg was affecting my viewing.

Ralph Fiennes has shot into my conscious as totally wonderful however, after this, Spider and The English Patient - any other recommendations there appreciated.

life_boy

Quote from: budgieRalph Fiennes has shot into my conscious as totally wonderful however, after this, Spider and The English Patient - any other recommendations there appreciated.

Maid in Manhattan?

MacGuffin

Quote from: budgieRalph Fiennes has shot into my conscious as totally wonderful however, after this, Spider and The English Patient - any other recommendations there appreciated.

Quiz Show
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

the End of the Affair.

Strange Days.

The Prince of Egypt.
under the paving stones.

budgie

Maid In Manhatten - saw the trailer.
Quiz Show - thank you, MacGuffin.
The Avengers - give it up.
The End of the Affair - thank you, P.
Strange Days - just saw this, can't decide whether it's silly or great. Nice bare chest/lolly sucking shot though.
The Prince of Egypt - looks facile but I'm interested.

:kiss:

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

the first time i saw it, it was on NBC uncut and they show this dude with a huge dick and im watching this with my whole family and well it was odd

so  later that week me and Spielberg were chillin right, he was trying to talk me into going with him to this cockfight he's like " dude i just bought this fucking rooster, it cant lose" and im like steve can i ask you a question, was the huge dick in schindlers list really nessacery, and he told me he said " that guy was based on ron jeremys moms brother who was killed by the nazi's " so if you ever watch the credits to schindlers list you will see much like in boogie nights , ron jereemy is in them as a story consultent.

moonshiner

Quiz Show is definitely worth a couple viewings
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one