The Way Way Back

Started by MacGuffin, May 23, 2013, 10:55:35 PM

MacGuffin

Release date: July 5, 2013

Starring: Steve Carell, Toni Collette, Allison Janney, AnnaSophia Robb, Rob Corddry, Sam Rockwell, Maya Rudolph

Directed by: Nat Faxon & Jim Rash

Premise: Over the course of his summer break, a teenager comes into his own thanks in part to the friendship he strikes up with one of the park's managers.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

Anyone seen this?

I loved it. Reminded me of movies I used to love when I was younger that nobody makes anymore.

pete

I didn't. I wanted to like it, but it was kinda sloppily made, with pretty TV-grade comedy. The acting was good, but the script was very average. Also, the trailer gave away every important moment in the movie itself.

I endorse another Coming of Age film that came out this summer that you'd probably seen already - The Kings of Summer:

Gimme the Loot's also another good indie coming of age movie - albeit set in Lower East Side and is more of a street movie, like Raising Victor Vargas.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Kal

I didn't watch the trailer or knew nothing about it going in, so perhaps that is why I was pleasantly surprised.