It's all been done woohoowoo (deep Barenaked Ladies toughts)

Started by Pas, September 24, 2005, 10:14:07 AM

Pas

And if I put my fingers here, and if I say
"I love you, dear"
And if I play the same three chords,
Will you just yawn and say

It's all been done

There's something really shitty yet totally awesome about the Barenaked Ladies. I own none of their CDs and never get the urge of buying one, yet I always listen to mp3s of them. What's up with that... anyway that's not what I wanted to talk about.

Has it all been done ? I mean are we at the end of an era and waiting for something to totally revolutionalize (is that a word?) the entertainment business ? I mean every song has been played, every joke has been told, every movie has been filmed, every painting has been painted, every sculpture has been sculpted, everything has been everythinged.

I guess that's true somehow. Did you notice we're all waiting for 'the next Dylan' like it's the second coming of christ. Because we are longing for something new cause we thing Dylan must have been something new back then. Maybe it's over.

What's ahead man ? New medias, new forms of entertainment ? Or will we just reinvent those we already have ? I mean, once there was not movies. Now there are movies. Can something like that happen again ? Can we someday say : 'There was no shozungs back then and now we're all twizzing shozungs !'

I don't know man. These ain't no affirmations only questions.

Ravi

Maybe someday we'll all put on giant body suits and kill dragons and stuff, making the hand controllers of today outdated.  "We had to play video games with our THUMBS, and we liked it!"

For $50, you can get your shozung twizzed right this second.

polkablues

Quote from: Pas RapI mean, once there was not movies. Now there are movies. Can something like that happen again ?

Well, there's the internet now, where was there was none before.  And look how quickly we came to take that for granted.
My house, my rules, my coffee

cine