VFX for free

Started by Redlum, January 08, 2009, 05:19:30 PM

Redlum

Hey everyone.

I've not been around lately because I've been trying to get my act together and get a job.  Anyway, I've been doing the occasional bit of lurking and just this evening was seeing how great the stills from Pete's new project looked. I'm always looking for showreel material these days and figured I'd advertise my services for anyone making or finishing a film. Don't ask me to create a Gollum for you but if you've got a boom entering frame just as a tear trickles down your leads face or maybe if you need to add that tear then I can help. Hmm that sounded kind of pitchy but take a look at my reel to see the kind of stuff I can do. Honestly, if you have an idea for anything I'd like to give it a shot.

All the best
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Stefen

This stuff needs to happen more often.

We should all get together and make a xixax movie.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

matt35mm

That was really neat!  It made me wish I was working on something that could use that sort of VFX.

Oh well.  Someday.  Keep up the great work!

Redlum

Thanks Matt and Stefen

Quote from: matt35mm on January 08, 2009, 08:14:07 PM
Keep up the great work!

Likewise.

Let me know if your next film needs anything.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

pete

wow man look at them shots!
I have a few projects in mind - but you live in england, correct?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Redlum

Yeah, but it shouldn't be too limiting. Any footage could be uploaded and updates shared back and forth online via filehosts like sendspace or my webspace. Obviously, communicating via messengers or e-mail.
  -  George Lucas

matt35mm

Where in England, by the way?  I'M IN BRIGHTON!

Ghostboy

That is an awesome reel. I may have to contact you about something in the near future....

pete

dude we're gonna talk soon as I have my rough cut.
v f/x is so hard!  my stunt troupe worked with stu maschwitz of the orphanage (no s/fx for the shoot though) and now I'm all into his blogs and stuff.  it's mind boggling!
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Redlum

Quote from: matt35mm on January 12, 2009, 01:41:44 PM
Hey Matt, I'm in a small town in Oxfordshire about 40 minutes from London. Are you on a transfer with your College/University?

Quote from: Ghostboy on January 12, 2009, 02:48:22 PM
That is an awesome reel. I may have to contact you about something in the near future....
Thanks Ghostboy, look forward to hearing from you.

Quote from: pete on January 12, 2009, 03:58:48 PM
dude we're gonna talk soon as I have my rough cut.
v f/x is so hard!  my stunt troupe worked with stu maschwitz of the orphanage (no s/fx for the shoot though) and now I'm all into his blogs and stuff.  it's mind boggling!
I was just listening to an interview with him on FXPodcast for The Spirit. Sounds like a very cool guy.

Anyhoo, hopefully we can work together. Let me know you're ready.
  -  George Lucas

matt35mm

Quote from: Redlum on January 14, 2009, 09:47:42 AM
Hey Matt, I'm in a small town in Oxfordshire about 40 minutes from London. Are you on a transfer with your College/University?

Yup, I'm studying here for a year, so I'll be in the area or travelling around Europe until early September.

Oxfordshire seems nice (I've only been to Oxford).

Redlum

Quote from: matt35mm on January 16, 2009, 06:06:40 AM
Quote from: Redlum on January 14, 2009, 09:47:42 AM

Yup, I'm studying here for a year, so I'll be in the area or travelling around Europe until early September.

Oxfordshire seems nice (I've only been to Oxford).
There's a really cool cinema in Oxford called the Phoenix (presumably it burnt down at some point) that you should goto if you ever go back. It's the closest cinema to me that shows anything remotely off the beaten-track and once tried to make me not pay to see There Will be Blood just because Day-Lewis bailed on the advertised Q&A.
  -  George Lucas