The Amazing Spider-Man

Started by MacGuffin, November 01, 2007, 12:36:55 AM

polkablues

I'm just so happy Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst won't be near this thing.  Even though I liked Spider-Man 2, I never liked Tobey as Peter Parker.  And Kirsten Dunst is just awful.  Even if it ends up being Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens, it'll be an improvement.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Derek

I'm sick of trilogies. For something like Star Wars or obviously Lord of the Rings, okay. But enough already.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Fernando

Quote from: modage on January 19, 2010, 04:57:21 PM
Vulture Exclusive: Sony Offers (500) Days of Summer Director Marc Webb the Next Three Spider-Mans

the above is what is really odd, i mean, wouldnt be wiser if they wait to see how he does one??? then you can offer him whatever amount of sickuels you want.

oh, i know they can pull a conan-heres-thetonightshow-for-years-ohwait-maybe-not thing.....thinking about it, the suits probably are covering themselves money wise in case webb brings huge cash.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Gold Trumpet

The article makes sense for why the change has happened. I can understand studio fears of a ballooning series, but the economic change should not make the studios also start over with the story. A full reboot would look bad. The only thing worth starting over on would be the Venom story, but the studio needs to accept if the series is going to stay ongoing, change of cast and directors will happen, but that doesn't mean a full recircling everytime.

P.S. I actually would like Zac Efron replacing Tobey Maguire. He's a staple of kiddie entertainment, but he's talented and has promise. Him in this role would get me to care about the series. Maguire is better in other roles, but he could never make the role very exciting. He got the mild manner part correct, but he's dour as exciting and charismatic when playing Spiderman. It's stiffness all around.

MacGuffin

More Spider-Man Reboot Details?
Source: Risky Business

Yesterday, Columbia Pictures and Marvel Studios confirmed that (500) Days of Summer helmer Marc Webb is going to direct the Spider-Man reboot. In reporting on the news, the Risky Business blog has some possible more details on the project:

Webb, who has options on two sequels, will now tackle a Jamie Vanderbilt script that sees a "Spider-Man" movie that will look and feel very different from the big movies that went before it.

The plan for the movie is to be in the $80 million range and feature a cast of relative unknowns (so you can quash those Rob Pattinson or Gordon-Levitt rumors at this point). And the story will be pared down to center on a high school kid who is dealing with the knowledge that his uncle died even though the teen had the power to stop it.

The touchstone for the new movie will not be the 1960s comics, which were the inspiration behind the movies by Raimi, who grew on up on them, but rather this past decade's "Ultimate Spider-Man" comics by Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Bagley where the villain-fighting took a back seat to the high school angst.

Please keep in mind that none of this is confirmed and we may not know for sure until closer to release. Stay tuned for more announcements as they come in...
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

They picked Webb exclusively because of his last name.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

polkablues

Fuck it, I like Webb's style, I liked Bendis' "Ultimate Spiderman," so if they cast this well, I'll probably go and see it, which is more than I can say for Spider-Man 3.

picolas

80 MILLION DOLLARS??! what kind of an asshole do they take me for??

tickets better be half price.

polkablues

I don't know how anyone could possibly make any movie for only 80 million dollars.

MacGuffin

Relatively unknown actor may take over as Spider-Man
Source: SciFi Wire

Logan Lerman, the 18-year-old actor who stars in the upcoming Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief as a teen who discovers he's the descendant of a Greek god, may soon discover himself to be the next friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.

According to Latino Review, Lerman is in talks to be Peter Parker in Sony's Spidey reboot.

"Conversations are starting," said Lerman. "It's a long process with the studio and the producers and everything. But it's definitely a project that I'm really interested in, of course. I'd love to focus on the human element a little bit more. It'd be such a fun experience."

Lerman also revealed that he's been a longtime Spider-Man fan.

"It's one of my favorite characters ever, and I'm a huge fan of the series," he continued. "I'd love to have more conversations about it. I'm definitely very interested in it."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Alternate headline: Relatively unknown actor employs publicist

The rest of the story would stay the same.

MacGuffin

'Spider-Man' reboot will be in 3D
Sony also sets 2012 release date for film
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Spidey has his new release date and a firm plan to enter the third dimension.

Sony said Wednesday that it will release a fourth movie based on Marvel Comics' Spider-Man character in 3D on July 3, 2012. But in a broad hint that the studio will take a reboot approach to the movie, the studio abandoned the one-time title of "Spider-Man IV" and said the project is now "untitled."

Sony previously said it would recast the next Spidey pic and replace Tobey Maguire in the title role. Helmer Sam Raimi also is being replaced, with "(500) Days of Summer" director Marc Webb set to lens a screenplay being penned by James Vanderbilt ("Zodiac").

Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin will produce for Columbia Pictures and Marvel Studios.

"Spider-Man is one of the most popular characters in the world, and we know audiences are eager and excited to discover Marc's fantastic vision," Sony worldwide marketing & distribution chairman Jeff Blake said.

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Donald Glover 4 Spiderman.  Never gonna happen, but I would be so much more inclined to see the movie if it did.

Pas

Johnson Caught In Spidey Rumour Web
Anton Yelchin also a possibility
Source: LA Times

Welcome back to the casting thunderdome that is choosing a superhero lead. The current race to don a Lycra costume and run around combating evil is focused around who will play Peter Parker/Spider-Man in Sony's new reboot of its billion-dollar franchise. And while the list is already fairly extensive, two new names have just been added as possible suit-fillers: Kick-Ass' Aaron Johnson and Star Trek's Anton Yelchin.

Johnson, of course, has had more experience as a "super" hero, having strutted the streets as Dave Lizewski, the Daredevil/ Spidey wannabe who suffers more punishment that he dishes out before finding his groove in Kick-Ass. And the actor showed there that he can handle a callow youth in a crime-fighting costume, even if his thunder was somewhat stolen by Chloe Moretz' Hit-Girl.

While he's suitable for the role, there also the question of scheduling, since he's rumoured to be attached to – albeit not confirmed for yet – Kick-Ass director Matthew Vaughn's next job, making X-Men: First Class for Fox.

Joining him on what's described by the LA Times as "the shortlist" (which seems quite long right now), is Yelchin, who had a solid summer last year with his part as Chekov in Star Trek and a role as one of the good things in Terminator Salvation, Kyle Reese.

Yelchin's also an adept young actor, and certainly Chekov showed that he can mix gauche boyish charm and physical comedy, though he's tended towards quirkier fare until his blockbuster entries last year.

And as of right now, it's all so much speculation, since director Marc Webb is considering just about every young male face in the Big Book Of Possible Superheroes before moving on to the screen testing phase. Followed, of course, by the Studio Insider "Leak" stage, the Confirmation Announcement and, liberally sprinkled between all of those, the 'net-supplied Outright Rage At Whoever Gets The Job Because They're Clearly Wrong For It And Also Rubbish And Stupid.

----

Fuck yeah for Anton Yelchin! He would be perfect.

Aaron Johnson is already a superhero, making two is kind of awkward (like the guy who's the Human Torch and Captain America, that's just confusing.) Also, we must not forget, Aaron Johnson is a mad cunt.