breaking wood

Started by subversiveproductions, July 29, 2003, 05:31:25 PM

subversiveproductions

there's a scene in the screenplay that i'm writing that involves a large wooden object (don't want to spoil it  8) ) falling on a girl and breaking.  does anyone know of a good way to do this, or should i rewrite the scene.  (estimated production budget=basically zero.)
www.bloodlessriot.blogspot.com
let me pour my heart out to you strangers.

www.anewnothing.com
smile from ear to blood-dripping ear

mindfuck

Hard to tell if this is possible without knowing the object, but you can make it out of balsa wood and paint it to look more like "real" wood.

mutinyco

"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Raikus

Quote from: mindfuckHard to tell if this is possible without knowing the object, but you can make it out of balsa wood and paint it to look more like "real" wood.
Exactly. Carve the balsa wood and weight the ends. When it hits her it should snap in the middle.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

subversiveproductions

that would work absolutely perfectly for this, good idea, thanks for the help.

www.anewnothing.com

ReelHotGames

Balse is nice, but if your working on a basically 0 budget you may find it ain't cheap. Painted styrofoam actually works incredibly well. But the snap point is bad if not filmed just right.

Or build a break a way prop. Cut and splinter and all at your mark and then use a cuple tiny dowels to hold together and then BAM snaps just right.
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

subversiveproductions

thanks for the heads-up, luckily my dad does woodwork, so he can get balsa for pretty cheap.  but the break away prop would probably work really well for this also.  anyways, thanks for the advice.

www.anewnothing.com

mutinyco

BEN AFFLECK! See if he's available! He's just like wood!
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe