the smiths / morrissey

Started by phil marlowe, March 30, 2003, 12:18:24 PM

modage

Quote from: godardianBeginning May 24, Morrissey is confirmed to appear for an entire week on CBS' "The Late Late Show With Craig Kilborn."
wow, cool.  remind me when this happens godardian as i will have forgotten by then.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pas

It will be the first time I ever see Morrissey on TV when this happens !  :-D

He has to sing the classics though. Has to.

meatwad

has he been on craig kilborn before?

godardian

Quote from: meatwadhas he been on craig kilborn before?

Yes... Kilborn angled for him to come on the show for months and months (I think maybe as a sort of joke, to tell you the truth, dunno if at Morrissey's expense or his own). Anyway, he finally came on mid-last year, sang a new song, sat down for an interview, etc.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

meatwad

cool. thanks for the info

modage

kilborn did the same thing to Dido when she was becoming big.  i think it was pretty sincere as i'd imagine him geniunely liking/loving morrissey would be.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sigur Rós

A message to all our scandinavian members:

Morrissey will be playing at Roskilde 2004.
:-D

godardian

Amazon U.S. now has You Are the Quarry with bonus DVD available for pre-order...

...also the CD without DVD for slightly cheaper.

...and what appears to be a domestic release of "Irish Blood, English Heart single.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

godardian

MOZ SAYS BURGER OFF! - NME, Mar. 25, 2004

MORRISSEY has banned all hotdog and burger stalls from his highly anticipated comeback show in May.

The singer has demanded that there be no meat vendors when he plays Manchester's MEN Arena on May 22.

According to The Sun, Morrissey said: "It would be hypocritical to sing 'Meat Is Murder' amid smells of hamburgers."

As previously reported on NME.COM, Morrissey is to play a five night residency in LA.

The star, who releases his long-awaited new album 'You Are The Quarry' on May 17, will play at the Wiltern theatre on April 22, 23, 24, 26 and 27.

Pedro

modage

more morrissey news..
BIGMOUTH STRIKES AGAIN
Source: NME

Morrissey has launched a withering attack on Pop Idol and the culture of immediate pop celebrity.

During his first interview on Los Angeles radio station KROQ, in over a decade, he told the Kevin and Bean Morning Show he thought the series was "shocking."

"I think all the contestants should be put in a cage and sent to Thailand," he said. "I think it's awful. It's the worst aspects of the music industry and just dreadful."

He criticised what he believed was the show's lack of artistic merit saying, "that's exactly what's wrong with it -- they think all they have to do in order to be an idol is stand up there and sing an old Diana Ross song and suddenly they are a pop idol. I think there's a bit more to it then that, really.

"I think they're very sad and I feel sorry, genuinely sorry for them. I think they look a bit sad and they sound sad and they're treated in a sad way. The panels are awful. And I think it's very unfortunate."

He added, "anything that would suggest creativity would be good but there isn't any suggestion of [it], but they're all just simple folks to me. Sorry."

The former Smiths leader also took aim at The Darkness.

"I've never been interested in heavy or soft metal or medium metal. It doesn't offend me. I don't know what it is, but it's just not my bag," he said.

But he praised the current crop of UK bands saying "I think the atmosphere in England has changed now, the music scene has changed. It's a lot better. There's a lot more exuberance in British music now."

Morrissey was promoting his five night stint at the LA Wiltern Theatre - April 22-27 - which goes on sale today. He also spoke about why he is finally returning home to Manchester after a 12 year absence, to play the MEN Arena on May 22.

"The venue I wanted to play in Manchester was [always] booked up by some awful dreadful pantomime things, and awful, horrible little children's theatre. We always had to wait and I knew the time would be right at some stage and it was this year," he said.

Morrissey releases his new album,'You Are the Quarry', on May 17.

"I just think it's the best of me," he said. "I think it's the best album I've ever done. It's the best playing we've ever done and the best writing. I think this really is the most strongest, resolute album and I'm thrilled to death."

Pas

I hope this album will be good. I'm starting to be thrilled.

Pubrick

i'll eat it if IT'S FULL OF MEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pas stick up for me... zlomb too  :shock:
under the paving stones.

Pas

Quote from: Pubricki'll eat it if IT'S FULL OF MEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh god Godardian must not see this. You're on your own man !

godardian

Quote from: Pas Rapport
Quote from: Pubricki'll eat it if IT'S FULL OF MEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh god Godardian must not see this. You're on your own man !

Oh, foolish mortals... do you not know that the all-seeing eye of god(ardian) is always upon you?

Believe it or not, I've heard Morrissey's vegetarianism made fun of before :shock:  during my neverending stint as an obsessive worshipper of the heroic Moz. Since I consider him a sort of spiritual father, it's no worse than having your dad made fun of. It happens, and you can usually laugh along.