-To Die For
-Eyes Wide Shut
-Moulin Rouge
-The Others
-The Hours

some news---------------------------------------------------------------

Nicole Kidman Confirmed for The Interpreter
Source: Variety Wednesday, August 6, 2003

Nicole Kidman is in talks to play the title role in The Interpreter, the Working Title/Universal co-production that will be Sidney Pollack's first helming gig since 1999's Random Hearts.  Charles Randolph (The Life of David Gale) wrote the script.

In the thriller, which is expected to shoot next year, Kidman would play a U.N. interpreter who overhears an assassination plot. When she becomes a target she's paired with a federal agent and together they work to stop the murder of an African leader addressing the General Assembly.

Kidman, who won the best actress Oscar for "The Hours" in March, is in high demand but has experienced scheduling problems. A timing conflict with "The Stepford Wives" caused her to ankle the New Regency's "Mr. and Mrs. Smith," and she also ankled Lars Von Trier's "Manderlay," the second pic in a trilogy that began with "Dogville."

As deal talks take place on "The Interpreter," Kidman is being courted for several other projects. They include the Nora Ephron-directed "Bewitched" that Jim Carrey is also circlingand the Miramax comedy "I Don't Know How She Does It," based on the Allison Pearson bestseller. The latter could see her reteam with "Cold Mountain" director Anthony Minghella.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pwaybloe

Busy, busy, besy, bezzy, buzzy, bzzkt*#@$

Alethia

Quote from: themodernage02Charles Randolph (The Life of David Gale) wrote the script.

ooooohh  yaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!   :yabbse-thumbdown:

NEON MERCURY

Yeah.....she is great ...i liked her performance in eyes the best

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

modage

Quote from: Pshe's hot.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Alethia

yeah, shes a pretty one......

jokerspath

That Rolling Stone cover is a gem.  Are there many more from that session, I wonder?

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

budgie

She is hot, but I'm still sick of the sight of her one note performance. I thought she said she was gonna bow out and fade away after the Von Triers, but now it looks like she's hooked on exposure. A remake of the Red Shoes would be appropriate.

I guess she needs to make the most of her time, tho, cause in five years no one will cast her.

rustinglass

"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

aclockworkjj

I don't like her...dunno why.

Pedro

Quote from: aclockworkjjI don't like her...dunno why.
:shock:
wow...I fucking love her to death man...My avatar is changed in honor of her.

She is one of my favorite Actresses and I agree that Eyes Wide Shut contains arguably her greatest performance.

I still love you, though, JJ

Gold Trumpet

Her craze of movie making after the divorce is worthy of analysis from some therapists. I think that carries weight and that she may be steamrolling a career now to rest her cute little head along side great actresses of the movies. That kind of remembered acting that will no doubt be cited at award shows til time's end. I think she has potential and usually does her duty, but I want to see her pushed further into roles. I can't give her pass all the time because she is engaging physically and can say the lines fine.

~rougerum

MacGuffin

Kidman and Lopez to Play American Darlings
Source: Variety

Nicole Kidman and Jennifer Lopez will star in American Darlings, a period drama that was bought preemptively by New Regency from a four-page pitch, says Variety. Kidman will be also executive produce.

"Darlings" is a drama about a white female swing band that joins forces with a group of black and Hispanic musicians at a time when women were ostracized from playing male-dominated clubs. Those sex barriers shattered soon after President Roosevelt declared war on Japan and the women suddenly played the hottest clubs and even squared off against the Count Basie orchestra at the Apollo Theater.

Kidman brought in producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron because she was a fan of Chicago, which they executive produced. The duo are also preparing feature remakes of Guys and Dolls and Damn Yankees.

A screenwriter is soon expected to come aboard the project, which will showcase the singing voices of Lopez and Kidman.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Kidman and Lopez?! Whoo, never saw that one coming.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.