Why, God, why?!? - Films That Should Not Get The Greenlight

Started by MacGuffin, February 07, 2003, 03:31:47 AM

Myxo

Quote from: MacGuffinByrne & Dennehy Join Assault on Precinct 13
Source: The Hollywood Reporter

Gabriel Byrne and Brian Dennehy have joined the cast of Assault on Precinct 13, Focus Features' remake of the 1976 John Carpenter film, says The Hollywood Reporter. Ethan Hawke and Laurence Fishburne topline the project, which is being directed by Jean-Francois Richet.

The new version, written by James DeMonaco, is set in the present day in a police precinct building that is about to be shut down. On New Year's Eve, a mobster (Fishburne) is temporarily incarcerated at Precinct 13, the soon-to-close police station. As a rogue gang tries to free him, a cop (Hawke) must command a crew of policemen and prisoners to defend the station.

The film, which starts production on April 4 in Toronto, also stars Maria Bello, John Leguizamo, and Drea de Matteo.

Ok, thats it. What movie is yer quote from Mac?

Pubrick

Quote from: MyxomatosisOk, thats it. What movie is yer quote from Mac?
the same as his avatar.
under the paving stones.

bonanzataz

i had a dream that i fucked the shit out of sarah silverman. i wonder where that came from...

where is michel gondry and his wacky theory of dreams when you need him?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

pete

her boobs aren't that great--she has them pushup bras to thank.  I saw her in person.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

grand theft sparrow

I think after this, we can close this thread.  Because this is the absolute pinnacle of shite.  Words cannot express the horror that this film should evoke in anyone who holds cinema in any kind of high regard.  This is the sort of evil that has to be experienced personally in order to truly understand its magnitude.

This is, undoubtedly, going to be the worst movie... ever.

Keep the Pepto on hand and click here.

Ravi

Pubrick

Quote from: hacksparrowKeep the Pepto on hand and click here.
i am as appalled as the next guy, but don't they look like they make slightly more convincing chicks than the dudes in Sorority Boys? it's weird. they must've used state-of-the-art transvestite technology.
under the paving stones.

cine

Wow.

I didn't think I could get that close to slashing my wrists during a trailer.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: hacksparrowKeep the Pepto on hand and click here.
i am as appalled as the next guy, but don't they look like they make slightly more convincing chicks than the dudes in Sorority Boys? it's weird. they must've used state-of-the-art transvestite technology.

If you don't look at them too long, yeah.  Once you start to look closely, it's like looking at Tom Cruise's mask in Vanilla Sky.  

Where's Rick Baker when you need him?

SiliasRuby

Quote from: hacksparrowI think after this, we can close this thread.  Because this is the absolute pinnacle of shite.  Words cannot express the horror that this film should evoke in anyone who holds cinema in any kind of high regard.  This is the sort of evil that has to be experienced personally in order to truly understand its magnitude.

This is, undoubtedly, going to be the worst movie... ever.

Keep the Pepto on hand and click here.
Are you talking about the "Assault on Precint 13" remake because, if you are, here is some more (I think) horrible news.

Source: Hollywood Reporter
More casting news on the Assault on Precinct 13 remake. Rapper Ja Rule has joined the cast, which also includes Ethan Hawke, Don't Call Me Larry Fishburne, John Leguizamo and Drea DeMatteo.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

modage

*(wipes brow)  whew, i am relieved.  for a second there i thought they might not have a rapper acting in this.  and i like my movies with acting rappers, thank you very much.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Paramount Will Catch Another Thief
Source: Variety

Paramount has set up a modern remake of Alfred Hitchcock's romantic thriller To Catch a Thief with Original Film partner Neal Moritz (2 Fast 2 Furious, S.W.A.T.) producing and Todd Komarnicki writing, reports Variety.

The new version, set in Miami, will leave the basic storyline from Hitchcock's film intact. A reformed jewel thief scrambles to clear his reputation while being framed for a series of elaborate robberies from the super-rich.

The 1955 release starred Cary Grant as an American expat on the French Riviera who falls for a wealthy American, played by Grace Kelly, as a rash of jewel thefts breaks out.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

remakes, remakes, all remakes... all books... all comics... all shit... no orginal ideas... no risks... what the fuck is happening to this industry damnit!!!

Pubrick

books and comics are good (sum would argue shit is too), remakes are not.

what's happening is ........ -.-.-..-..-.-..-.. believe me, YOU DON'T EVEN WANNA KNOW.
under the paving stones.

Myxo

Oh.. I want to get in on the action.

Here is a film..