movies assholes dig

Started by pete, October 24, 2004, 11:23:11 AM

cine

Quote from: socketlevelyou guys are narrow-minded to even think your criteria for liking movies is superior to anyone else's.  i like talking/arguing film but this is just ridiculous, the utter hypocrisy of the message board is so transparent it puts a smile on my face.

more like SUCKIT level..

socketlevel

no, you just use a venue where these "assholes" have no voice.  go to sleep tonight feeling strong that you avoid direct confrontation.  why don't you bring up the fact that they're assholes the next time you come across one.

didn't think so.

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

Stefen

Quote from: Cinephilemore like SUCKIT level..

Thrindles height.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

pete

but you're talking.

Quote from: socketlevelno, you just use a venue where these "assholes" have no voice.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Thrindle

Quote from: Stefen
Quote from: Cinephilemore like SUCKIT level..

Thrindles height.
Uh oh, this takes self deprecation to a new level.  shit.
Classic.

socketlevel

Quote from: ono.
Quote from: socketlevelThis is the fucking best!
Yes.  Yes it is.
Quote from: socketlevelyou guys are narrow-minded to even think your criteria for liking movies is superior to anyone else’s.
No.  No we're not.
Quote from: socketlevelie: fight club, clockwork orange (when push meets shove, ain't nothin' but shock value)
No.  No they aren't.  Try one of the best of the 90s, and one of the best of the 70s, both with messages much more complex than shock value.  Problem is, a lot of people (like you) like them (or hate them) for the wrong reasons.  Like shock value.  Thank you, drive through.

thruth is i hate them both

-sl-

socketlevel

Quote from: petebut you're talking.

Quote from: socketlevelno, you just use a venue where these "assholes" have no voice.

and you're shitting out of your mouth

-sl-

cine

socketlevel

pete

KISS MEEE.

Quote from: socketlevel

and you're shitting out of your mouth
-sl-
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

i feel like crying a lot
context, context, context.

Bethie

hahaa. I get a kick out of this thread.

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobAlthough I like most of the movies on this list, it seems that everyone's a "movie buff" if they've seen...

That's it right there. People will be all tough and say, "I like good movies. I'm a big fan of movies." and they'll list films like American Beauty, Donnie Darko, and Fight Club then think they've seen all the good films....cause theres only three, you know.
who likes movies anyway

MacGuffin

Quote from: peteoh, and macguffin, I'd love to meet you in person some time in some bar.  we'll pretend we don't know each other.  I'll buy you a drink, you'll graciously nod, we'll make a couple of jokes about your weight problem.  we'll both get silent 'cause I thought I'd made one joke too many.  Then I'll whisper "relax guy, I'm just busting your balls."  You'll in turn, whisper, "why not bust them at my place?" and then we can leave together.  HOT SEX ON A STORMY NIGHT.  Steam will rise from your asshole like a chimney, like a manhole in manhattan.  Then to top the night off, I'll take a dozen movies out, and ask your asshole one by one, if you like each of the movies.  I can't wait.

Silly, pete. My chimney's flue exits soot, not accepts it. Find another shaft to sweep. And my manhole doesn't deal in sewage, so you can drip your pipe down another drain.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Just Withnail

I find it hilarious that pete's coming on to Mac, Thrindle and Stefen are flirting and socket gets stormed, all intertwining on the same page.

Of, and for the record, I do tell these people to their face that I think they've got a shallow and easy way of interpreting these films. What fun would this thread be if we didn't call these people assholes and wrong? Like ono pointed out, you turned out to be a perfect example yourself. Hit a soft spot, did we?