Visioneers

Started by squints, August 11, 2008, 04:37:09 PM

squints

Trailer: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/e5630825e2

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0833557/

Starring: Zach Galifianakis, Judy Greer
Directed by: Jared Drake

Does anyone else think this looks pretty fucking great?
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Ghostboy

I can't wait to see this!

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Pwaybloe

This looks like a movie!

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

SiliasRuby

Its been over a year and still no one has commented? Jeez. Anyway, this is a very black comedy set in the near future where every single aspect of our lives is literally controlled by a huge corporations and one mans philosophical journey to find happiness in a mindless life. Performances are top notch and the satire is extremely sharp. I have to tell you it left me a little down. Still it had just enough hope at the end to really justify everything that happened before. You guys on here should really check this out. It has a certain style and every aspect of the film fits perfectly.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

squints

I haven't said anything about this cause i saw it and thought it was pretty shitty.

pete

watching it right now. 
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Reinhold

the film is frequently stagey, and it feels to me like it's half-steps between romantic and dystopian dramas. his wife is the weakest part of the movie, i think, but it's more or less a "flat" film-- no real peaks or anything. synecdoche and brazil did "it" better but were massively bigger in scope and probably budget. this film is a lot like Schizopolis in content and theme, but its structure is so tight that the type of lightness that Schizopolis depends on to stay funny completely disappears.

i  do love the logic of the environment and thought the filmmakers commitment to pacing it the way they did was admirable if not fully successful. it's a depressing comedy. i'm not really sure how i feel about it but i'll happily watch again.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

pete

I didn't end up caring for it.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton