Kate Winslet *barf*

Started by Weak2ndAct, March 20, 2004, 02:48:02 PM

Weak2ndAct

I'll set the table since this is going to happen sooner or later.

Goodbye Scarlett, Hello Kate!  

Sometimes she's cute, sometimes she's fugly, sometimes she's in great movies, sometimes she's not... yadda yadda yadda....

modage

weird that she was naked in a pg13 movie.  and the highest grossing movie of all time.  she's probably been seen  naked by more people than pamela anderson.  that must be a little embarrasing.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ghostboy

The only movies I can think of that she hasn't been naked in are David Gale, Sense And Sensibility and Eternal Sunshine. It's funny, because I heard an interview with her on Fresh Air in which she said she hates doing nudity.

How about that HOT sex scene in Quills?

MacGuffin

Quote from: GhostboyIt's funny, because I heard an interview with her on Fresh Air in which she said she hates doing nudity.

From her IMDB bio:

In 2002 she had this to say about doing nude scenes: "I like exposing myself. There's not an awful lot that embarrasses me. I'm the kind of actress that absolutely believes in exposing myself."

I've liked since "Heavenly Creatures." And I never understood that whole backlash when people said she was fat. I never found her to be so.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

The Fresh Air interview was in 2000. I guess she changed her mind.

mogwai

i agree with mac, but she's phat though.

Bethie

I adore Clementine Kruczynski. She is a beautiful person.
who likes movies anyway

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: Weak2ndActGoodbye Scarlett, Hello Kate!
Blaspheme!

That said, I've always liked Kate Winslet. I never saw David Gale, either.

Pas

I prefer her to most actresses, she isn't fat, and she's hot.

Ain't no Scarlett though

SoNowThen

She used to be chunky.

Now though, she's hot.

And she was hot in Titanic. Only good thing about it, really.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

El Duderino

i think she's in her prime in "eternal sunshine"
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Ernie

Quote from: El Duderinoi think she's in her prime in "eternal sunshine"

Yea, I'm going to have to hesitate in saying she's the best actress since Zooey right now but if her goodness in Sunshine is any indication of how good she'll be in the future, she'll become one of my favorite actresses very very soon. She's more beautiful than I ever remember her being in the past. And a better actress too.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: Weak2ndActsometimes she's fugly

If by "sometimes" you mean NEVER... then yeah, sometimes she's fugly.

She's been giving me "boy pains" ever since Branagh's Hamlet.

pete

Quote from: themodernage02she's probably been seen  naked by more people than pamela anderson.

no way dude.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Sigur Rós

She is absolutely fantastic. I don't really think she has ever given a bad performance (not that I've seen). Don't forget to mention her performance in Quills.

And 'yes', she is very hot.