What's in the briefcase?

Started by abbey road, May 21, 2003, 04:31:49 PM

Keener

Quote from: Mesh
Quote from: KeenerYou know how Pulp Fiction had alot of homages in it ?

Convince me more of this.

I'm not that creative.
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

pixelnixel

that's an excellent shiny golden ticket.  I identify with the grandpa character in Wonka, but he doesn't have a briefcase.  It's better than the other ideas I've heard.  Is anyone writing a dissertation on "what's in the briefcase?" It might actually help out many many people obsessed with this subject.
Patience builds the mind of man.  
Maintain balance while you plan.

Keener

I think what's in the briefcase is the soul of 1,000 kids who killed themselves trying to figure out why Psycho went from a story about stealing money to a weirdo with a mother obsession.
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

ReelHotGames

Quote from: KeenerI think what's in the briefcase is the soul of 1,000 kids who killed themselves trying to figure out why Psycho went from a story about stealing money to a weirdo with a mother obsession.

Coupled with the other 1,000 trying to figure out how "From Dusk Til Dawn" turned from a gangsters on the lamb kidnapping thriller to a vampire horror flick.  :roll:
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

prophet

maybe its nothing he just though it would be cool never to know what was in it  or leave it to the imagination:

We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

chainsmoking insomniac

"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Epistemose

Most popular one is the Soul thing.  I could sorta see it working since a lot of the movie refers the the controversy between "believers" and "non-believers", both directly and symbolically.  But then again John travolta knows what is in the case, and yet he is still a non believer.  You'd think that knowing there was a soul would convince Travolta otherwise.  Anyways, I'm not sure what it is, or even if it was meant to be a specific thing.  If it is something in particular, I think it'd definatly have to do with wallace's band-aide.  But more likely, I think that it was meant to be nothing more than a mystery for us people w/ nothing better to do to ponder and argue over.  As for what QT had in mind, I don't think that many people will find out, but it doesn't matter anyways.

Nothing in particular is in the breifcase, it was just meant to be an invaluable mystery item.

Fame

I know what's in the briefcase.  The diamonds from Reservour Dogs.

Badda-bing-badda-boom!

NEON MERCURY

..A delicious peanut butter and jelly sandwich with the crust cut off..And a glass of  2% milk ..and two double fudge oreo cookies for desert..

metroshane

Quentin's array of prostetic chins that replace the one he normally wears.

Including a chin with a hook.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

MacGuffin

This is what's in the briefcase (damn Germans):

FACTS: 2 different releases, both FSK18. The other release features the uncut and "indexed" version of From Dusk Till Dawn. The box appears to be limited (number bottom left corner!). It's a 6-DVD set featuring Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, From Dusk Till Dawn (2-DVD) and Reservoir Dogs (2-DVD). The box also features collectible black/white postcards and the Kill Bill teaser poster.

Their version of the Res. Dogs DVD:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

thedog

Does anyone else think it's a rather funny coincidence that the serial number on that box set is "12345"? What are the odds?

Cecil

Quote from: thedogWhat are the odds?

same as any other number

cine

I think it's this:

It's on display in Paris too. Hmmmm........

Banky

Quote from: FameI know what's in the briefcase.  The diamonds from Reservour Dogs.

Badda-bing-badda-boom!

i like that idea