The Darkness -- Queen meets AC/DC meets Spinal Tap

Started by Raikus, November 05, 2003, 09:26:17 AM

Raikus

They're finally breaking in a bit in the States due to their "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" video. Have you heard them? Seen them? What do you think about them?

I'm sure most of you Europeans are tired of them by now, but who knows.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Raikus

Yeah, I know. But it seems most music from Europe (good, bad, or otherwise) floats itself across the pond. Takes a little while to reach American audiences. As such, most people still don't know who they are over here.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

meatwad

when i first saw them, i thought it was some kind of joke. The music grows on you. Most of my friends hate it, but i enjoy some of it. "Get Your Hands Off Of My Women" is my favorite song.

I think i'm going to see them at Irving Plaza here in New York soon. It is a K-Rock sponsered show and the tickets are only 97 cents or something like that.

mister mister

You know it's funny, I can't see america liking them.

they're starting to be a bit more known in oz.. I'm seeing them next jan.. It might be amusing

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Annoying as hell to me...

Maybe that has something to do with my bad mood.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

mister mister

I'm in a bad mood too. I was going to start a thread about it, but I decided against it. But I'm in a angry mood - crazy angry!

now where's my iggy pop..

Weird. Oh

I think they are pretty amusing if anything. The guitarist definitely has some lead talent. It seems to me that they are a joke band or something. if you listen to "Holding My Own" I'm almost sure its about masturbation.
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

context, context, context.

Pedro

...guiiiiiiiiillllllllllllty pleaaaaaaaaaaaaasure...

why guilty?  they ROCK!  makes me wanna have a jumpsuit
context, context, context.

Pedro

Quote from: chuckhimselfowhy guilty?  they ROCK!  makes me wanna have a jumpsuit
aha.  they do indeed rock.  reminds me of how much i like Journey and REO Speedwagon.

Pas

I just heard these guys, yeah I'm late. I think they rock.

Sleuth

I was tired of them before I finished hearing the CD.
I like to hug dogs

Pas

I wouldn't buy a CD but I like the videos I've seen

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs