TECHNICOLOUR

Started by booji_boy, September 11, 2003, 05:35:18 PM

booji_boy

I know there's alot of people out there trying to get their video to look like film, but I was wondering how to make video look like old video, say a 70's gameshow, or early 80's sitcom, or film...... is there any software for something like that? Has anyone tried this?

-Rob
Duty Now For The Future!

Ghostboy

I'm sure it can be done, but it'd be pretty complex, especially to get it too look like authentic Technicolor (the 3 strip process).

mutinyco

You'd just need good color correcting tools. Best bet is to do a professional transfer, but you could do something like that with Avid and also Final Cut Pro 4 has color correction tools. You'd need to mess with the focus, luma, saturation, etc.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Ghostboy

Sorry, I didn't read the post completely. To get a game show look would be fairly easy. To make it look like technicolor film would a lot tougher.

booji_boy

Ok, Let's say I want it to look early 80's..... TV video and/or film.
Duty Now For The Future!

mutinyco

Like I said. You need to do color correcting either with your editing software or during your final video transfer.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

mutinyco

The inherent difference between analog and digital is the post process. The younger Conrad Hall who shot Panic Room described that his father was interested in what he could capture in the camera, while he was more interested in what he could do to the image afterward.

-St. Joe

Xixax

Booji_boy!

I would comment on how effing cool that nick is, but the words get stuck in my throat
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]