Production Log: 2003

Started by Jake_82, July 19, 2003, 03:52:08 PM

Alethia

yeah it's great man, keep it up

Jake_82

Quote from: GhostboyThis sounds awesome...I hope it works out!
Quote from: Cecil B. Dementedyour shots look really good
Quote from: ewardyeah it's great man, keep it up

thanks for your comments, it makes even me more motivated to do this thing to know that people are actually interested in it :yabbse-smiley:
your reality is at the end of your dream

jokerspath

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

ono

It's been a while.  Any updates?

Jake_82

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaIt's been a while.  Any updates?

The two main actors are on vacation for a while, so I can't shoot any scenes until August 1st, and then I have to go to Florida from August 3rd to 11th, so shooting is kind of on hiatus right now

Jake_82

">DivX-encoded AVI Teaser (10.5mb)

running time: 1:51
enjoy!! I'll try to get an MOV file up later for you people against DivX  8)

ps- the song is "Chans" by Kent

Jake_82

really crappy quality 10.2 mb quicktime version

for both versions, it's advisable to right click and press save as, because they load strangely

Cecil

Quote from: Jake_82

doesnt work

Jake_82

Quote from: Cecil B. Demented
Quote from: Jake_82

doesnt work

try again, I had the url wrong and edited it... also try "Save Target" if that doesn't work

Cecil

i cant get an image with the quicktime version, and the avi version is just a freeze frame of the first image the whole time. the sound is okay though. sorry...

Jake_82

:evil:  gahr... stupid codecs and compression and other nonsense... oh well, I'm compiling a third version now

Jake_82

Definitive Version (ie the "if this doesn't work," I give up version):

http://www.oasisx.com/2003/2003t6.mpg 12 mb mpeg
also the quicktime one works for some people but not others

Cecil

looks good. i like the way that guy at the beginning walks

ono

Interesting.  I would've preferred more dialogue, and perhaps some title cards, which indicates to me what I find interesting/necessary in a teaser/trailer.  I don't know about other people, though.  Still, can't wait to see more, and I hope to hear some more updates from the set(s), soon.  :)

OmegaSlacker

I thought it was great and I thought the lack of dialouge and title cards actually helped it more than it hurt. I have no idea what the story is about really (I'm guessing some type of relationship or something), but I was still intrigued. I want to see more. The basicness of the characters walking and just being there did it for me. It worked great in my opinion. Good thing you didn't have Tom Cruise in there walking/running or I would've thought this was Cameron Crowe's new flick.

Some of the camera moves were pretty interesting and I thought they worked too. I really do want to see more.

Anyone know what song that was in there?
When I was just a baby, my momma told me, "Son, always be a good boy, don't ever play with guns." But I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.