Panasonic HVX200

Started by Reinhold, March 03, 2006, 02:01:05 AM

Ghostboy

I just plunked down the ol' Visa and bought one of these. I used it on a feature film last fall, and fell in love with the workflow. When my trusty old XL-1 finally died last month, I figured I might as well take the plunge. I bought one 4 gig card to augment that 8 gig card that Panasonic is offering for free with any camera purchase right now. And then, when the 16 gig cards come out (later this spring supposedly) I'll get one of those.

As of yet, no buyer's remorse!

Raikus

Looking for an update in this topic. I'm about a hair's breath from getting this camera for work but I can't seem to find how much capacity the P2 card holding in film time.

If I'm filming 1080p, 30fps how many minutes would fit on a 4GB P2 card?
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Ghostboy

Five or six minutes, I think...somewhere thereabouts.

Raikus

Damn. So we'd have to invest in 2 16GB just to get an interview done uninterupted then.

Thanks for the quick response too.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Ghostboy

Yeah, an 8 gig card holds twenty minutes at 720p24. I've only used 1080 once, but I think I got about ten minutes of footage on the 8 gig card. Give or take a minute.

If you're doing locked down interviews, you might want to buy or rent the firestore, which gives you about 100 gigs of uninterrupted filming. It gets problematic, from what I hear, when you've got a lot of motion, since it's not solid state and the drive can skip, but for interviews it should work great.

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.