90's Music

Started by Finn, June 09, 2005, 12:21:15 AM

tpfkabi

Quote from: Myxomatosis
Shit, we don't even listen to records anymore. Is anyone paying attention to that? We're buying Ipods and cramming them full of the "very best" of our favorite albums. Oh, records still get released which are worth listening to from start to finish, but they're getting to be a very rare thing indeed.

man, that's awesome. my friends make fun of me when i say you can't really judge a record until you've listened to it straight through on headphones. to me, it's almost important as to how the artist sequences their songs as to the actual content. there was a time during college that i would just lay on my bed and listen to full albums on headphones when i was feeling out of it or down. my roommate would make fun of me and say i was 'meditating.'
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Gamblour.

Wow, we somehow forgot to mention the best fake angry band Marilyn Manson.
WWPTAD?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: bigideas
my friends make fun of me when i say you can't really judge a record until you've listened to it straight through on headphones.

You're hanging with the right crowd.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye