The Future of Xixax Members

Started by cine, December 07, 2003, 11:53:33 PM

cine

To boost morale around here I'm starting this thread to get people to talk more about themselves and their thoughts on their lives or on life in general.

So let's talk seriously about this - where do you see yourself in 5 years? Where do you see yourself in 10 years? 15?

I feel this is an intriguing topic that will get people thinking about their lives and in the process, again, boosting morale around here because I think some of us MAY be forgetting that in the grand scheme of things, we're all still human beings with lives away from Xixax.

I'm hoping that once this thread grows (hoping it DOES), we'll all feel even closer together than before. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  :)

SHAFTR

I'll start out the lovefest.

Next year will be my senior year at University of Wisconsin.  I will be writing a thesis so that I can graduate with honors in film.

EDIT:  With a Certificate in Business so I have something for the real world if this whole film thing falls through.

After that I have some choices to make.  I want/need to go to grad school.  I would like to stay here but if I do, I will have to go for my phD.  I might take a year off if I go this route.

I will also apply to other schools (which I need help in deciding what schools have good film theory & criticism programs) and likely will be planning on going for my masters if I do that.

After all this school, I want to teach film at the university level.

On a more personal note, I have been dating the same girl for over 2 years and can honestly say I am in love.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

cine

Quote from: SHAFTROn a more personal note, I have been dating the same girl for over 2 years and can honestly say I am in love.
In advance, I want to say that if anybody wants to make personal notes such as this, I GREATLY encourage it!

Gamblour.

5 years - still in school, hopefully at NYU, probably won't have a girlfriend.
10 years - making my first feature
15 - the big time... that's right. Dunno if I'd be married at this point.

That's the broad scheme of things. Right now, I just wanna finish this damn semester, watch lots of dvds, get into some major classes, get laid.
WWPTAD?

Ghostboy

In five years I hope that the memory of working a regular job to pay for the filmmaking will be a distant one.

Love would be nice, too.

kotte

It's tough. A filmmaking career is so unpredictable. What I know is that in 5, 10, 15, 50 years I'll be building a CV with lots of great films.

I have places I want to go. New Zeeland for example. Would love to go there and study philisophy for a while or something. And New York. I'm working on my move there. VISA issues are a bitch but I'll do it cause I want it so badly.

I want to be in a loving relationship...and have a child.

When I make money I want to buy my mother whatever she wants cause she deserves it. A car, a house or something else.

Hopefully I'll have lots of fgriends. That's a good foundation for a great life. Friends.

Pedro

5 years     ill be in college.  hopefully, the film program im in now will take care of everything id learn at nyu...i hear that it does, though most advanced students i know end up going to film school anyway.  (ive explained the school before in an earlier thread, but if you need clarification ask me)  but ill probably be dabbling in liberal arts or psychology

10 years    probably working as assistant director for someone.  ill complain about it, and wish i was doing something bigger

15 years    doing that bigger something.  married.  hopefully with a little money, but that's not as important as doing what i love.  

great thread

freakerdude

Alright, I''ll give some info about myself, but nothing too deep for me.

I am freaking 40 yo and live in Atlanta, so I'll tell you where I've been. I have an electronics degree and have been an electronic technician > engineer in Atlanta for almost 18 years now. I have worked on everything from the laser guided Hellfire anti-tank missle (used in both Desert Storm and Op Iraqi Freedom) for 7 years to wireless communications to designing cable modems with VOIP telephony.

Music has always been my main passion but movies are my latest addiction.....which explains why I am here. And the reason why I just assembled my home theater system that I utilize very often. It's like gold to me.....a real technical toy that I enjoy.
MC Pee Pants

SHAFTR

Quote from: kotte

When I make money I want to buy my mother whatever she wants cause she deserves it. A car, a house or something else.

Do that, but most importantly spend time with her.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Duck Sauce

i dont even want to think about the future

Raikus

Currently I'm an art director for an advertising agency in Florida. However my wife and I may be moving to London or Edinburgh in a year or so. It's more of an adventure thing, but we're travelling over there in March to see if we like it. If so we'll probably live over there for 2-4 years before moving back to the States. I eventually want to settle in the Tennessee area (love the Smokeys) and continue working in creative.

That's as far as I'm willing to look ahead, though. I've always believed I'd go where I needed when I needed too so I've never made many hard plans aside from few "things to do before I'm 40" type things.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Sigur Rós

I'll be doing crack and playing punkrock!

Redlum

I just want to get to Return of the King, Christmas and filming my short film in January. I'm pretty superstitious about consciously looking much further head, despite being quite a rational person. There are too many elements that are out of my control for it to be useful but I dont deny myself the odd oscar acceptance speech fantasy. I want the second semester of my Film technology course to pick up as the first has been pretty uneventful if I'm honest with myself. But right now my aim is to get my work done and go home.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Pas

Next week maybe I'll buy a new CD. Not sure though

Slick Shoes

Five years--Proclamation of filmic ambition.

Ten years--Expression of uncertainty.

(Explanation for avoidance of issue delivered in witty manner.)