Actresses Roundtable (Hathaway, Adams, Watts, Cotillard, etc..)

Started by Frederico Fellini, December 21, 2012, 12:51:51 AM

Frederico Fellini

Anne Hathaway, Amy Adams, Sally Field, Naomi Watts, Rachel Weisz, Helen Hunt and Marion Cotillard discuss their work.

We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.

matt35mm

That was great. Thank you.

I just love women so much and love seeing them talk with each other and I get angry to think that they almost never get to play characters that are as interesting as real women are! You can see here that they are all so smart and charming and passionate and sensitive and interested in great ideas...

For whatever reason, I've always felt a strong pull to write good roles for women and collaborate with actresses to create great parts or deepen the parts. It's the thing that I feel the greatest need to see in movies that we rarely get to see. That, as a mission of sorts, has become as strong of a motivator for me in making movies than anything else. I hope that some other filmmakers (of any gender) out there are feeling the same and that there will be a rise in the tide of great women characters in film soon.

All of the actresses in this interview are aware that they are anomalies in the industry. The thought of all that unmined talent out there with no opportunities to do good work is fuel for me to help change that.

Anyway... that's the end of my random rant.

©brad

Pubrick

one of your better rants, sure, i still loled at this part though..

Quote from: matt35mm on December 21, 2012, 05:55:18 PM
I just love women so much

especially in binders amirite?
under the paving stones.

DocSportello

Yeah this was refreshing after the directors' roundtable. Too many egos in one room with that lot. Poor Cotillard with her desert film horror story. Give me a name Marion and I'll have that director's head! She was definitely talking about this film: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234542/

Anybody seen it?