..I bet no one has this on their shelf...

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 29, 2003, 11:22:20 PM

Pedro

Quote from: kottecrazy/beautiful
Because I like it.

so does GT

MacGuffin

Quote from: pookiethecatnow this my friend,

is a movie truly beneath most film snobs.  that said, i love love love it.

It's not beneath me; I have it. I found very enjoyable. And then there's Saffron Burrows in a bikini  :yabbse-tongue:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pookiethecat

i'm glad you like it, mac.  it's honestly one of the best action movies ever.  great performances all around by saffron burrows, stellan skarsgard, thomas jane, sam l jackson, ll cool j, ( it's really an awesome cast as i think about it.)  thrilling suspense, well-structured plot...

the scene in which burrows strips has always perplexed me though.  to avoid electric shock she takes off her wetsuit but then stands on it anyway?...never made much sense with what i know about electrical current and the way it travels in water...but clearly it made someone happy :) .
i wanna lick 'em.

Film Student

"I think you have to be careful to not become a blowhard."
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

analogzombie

Quote from: pookiethecati'm glad you like it, mac.  it's honestly one of the best action movies ever.  .

I know when I think of the best action films ever its always a list something like this:

- national security
- tango & cash
- anaconda
- hollywood homicide
- deep blue sea

:wink:
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

pookiethecat

Quote from: analogzombie
Quote from: pookiethecati'm glad you like it, mac.  it's honestly one of the best action movies ever.  .

I know when I think of the best action films ever its always a list something like this:

- national security
- tango & cash
- anaconda
- hollywood homicide
- deep blue sea

hehe oh i get it.  cuz all those movies suck so by including deep blue sea in that list you're making a statement that it sucks as well.  UPROARIOUS!
i wanna lick 'em.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

pookiethecat

i wanna lick 'em.

Alethia

NEON MERCURY

tango and cash....is fun sh*t........

i like their camroderie.....

analogzombie

Quote from: pookiethecat
Quote from: analogzombie

- national security
- tango & cash
- anaconda
- hollywood homicide
- deep blue sea

hehe oh i get it.  cuz all those movies suck so by including deep blue sea in that list you're making a statement that it sucks as well.  UPROARIOUS!

nah, man you don't have to rain on my taste. I love each and everyone of those films and agree with you that Deep Blue Sea is one of the greatest actions films EVER made.
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

rustinglass

"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

not that i have it, but i bet no one has this on their shelf...
context, context, context.

Alethia

MacGuffin

Quote from: chuckhimselfo

not that i have it, but i bet no one has this on their shelf...

I have it on laserdisc.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks