PTA @ BAM!

Started by depooter, June 12, 2003, 06:32:42 PM

depooter

I just confirmed that PTA will join Phil Hoffman the Brooklyn Academy of Music screening of PDL. I hope someone goes and can provide a full transcript of the Q & A with pics....if so, let me know.

thanks

modage

just got my tix.  cant wait.  he'll be at the 7 show right? not the 4:30?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Duck Sauce

How many times you think PTA has seen PDL?

Cecil

Quote from: Duck SauceHow many times you think PTA has seen PDL?

i dont think hes seen it yet

depooter

I know he's seen it with an audience at least  6-8 times. Not to brag, but for me, the screening in seattle can't be topped. I sat a couples seats away (in the same row) to PTA and and Sandler in the cinerama and watched PDL..a unique experience to say the least.......

modage

so when i approach him he wont think im insane when i profess my love?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Marty McSuperfly

Quote from: depooterI know he's seen it with an audience at least  6-8 times. Not to brag, but for me, the screening in seattle can't be topped. I sat a couples seats away (in the same row) to PTA and and Sandler in the cinerama and watched PDL..a unique experience to say the least.......

Not to brag, but I sat across the aisle from PTA at the London screening AND went to the pre-screening party!

But then again I didn't have the guts to speak to him. I just sat with my girlfriend and sipped wine and tried not to stare, which I did anyway.

For what it's worth he seems very approachable. After the London screening he spent ages hanging out and chatting to fans in the cinema lobby.

Redlum

I too was at the London screening and he gladly signed my BN dvd and shook hands with everyone after the Q&A.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

modage

thanks redlum! i was planning on bringing my dvds to sign, but its good to hear that he is cool about it.  thats how greg met approached him in the first place apparently, so i am very excited.

EL__SCORCHO

He's very approachable, you'll see. I might go to that event. Are tickets still available?

modage

i dunno.  they were as of last night.  words cannot desribe the excitement just to have a chance to have a few seconds with paul.

bonanzataz

how do you get tickets?
i can't find out on the website...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

modage

you have to call the number (which is moviefone).

depooter

Quote from: themodernage02thats how greg met approached him in the first place apparently, so i am very excited.

very true. I walked up, introduced myself, thankfully he'd seen the site and next thing I know, we were having a drink and he'd invited me to watch him make the Limp video the next day..

PTA is extremely approachable and very mellow.......I was standing outside the cinerama having a smoke with him, when some guy rode by in a bike. PTA thought the bike was cool and asked him how much he wanted for it.........

PTA only becomes guarded when the press closes in......

modage

excitement increasing.  going to explode :onfire: