Pete's Dragon

Started by matt35mm, February 21, 2016, 11:06:16 PM

polkablues

I take it that's referring to "You're the bravest boy I've ever met." I just assumed that was an intentional allusion.
My house, my rules, my coffee

matt35mm

Quote from: Ghostboy on January 09, 2017, 09:43:57 PM
And also, there is one repeated line of dialogue in the movie that is a huge accidental nod to the Master. I didn't think about it when we wrote it but definitely realized it once we were editing it upon rewatching the movie. Must have been subconscious theft!

I think it's pretty clear that Grace and Pete are really Master and Freddie meeting again in the next life.

Just Withnail

The connections grow...

Quote from: Lancaster DoddMarriage, previous to The Cause, was *awful*. Awful. There's a cycle, like life. Birth, excitement, growth, decay. Death. Now... now. How about this? Here comes, a large dragon. Teeth! Blood dripping! Red eyes! What do I got? A lasso. And I whip it up, I wrap it around its neck, and I wrestle! Wrestle! Wrestle him to the ground. I snap up, I say "Sit, dragon!" Dragon sits. I say "Stay!", dragon stays. Now it's got a leash on. Take it for a walk. And that's what-where we're at with it now. It stays on command. Next we're gonna teach it to roll over and play dead.

Reel